Monday, March 04, 2013

Trouble

IMG_5517

For Naomi’s 6th birthday last October, one of the gifts she received was a cute little diary with a lock on it.  For weeks she wrote and drew in it.  A little while ago I found this crumpled up page.  Hmmm … I can’t for the life of me remember what terrible thing she was in trouble for.  She is a kid that doesn’t get in trouble very often.  She tends to be overly sensitive sometimes and has a bit of a dramatic meltdown where she has trouble controlling herself.  Usually, she is sent to her room to ‘calm down’ a bit.  She really couldn’t be more MY daughter.

The first time I saw this note I was devastated (I’m quite obviously the blonde doing the finger-pointing).  Now that I have had a bit of time to think about it, I can appreciate the neat printing and details (hey, she even got my blonde/brown streaks in pretty nicely).  I love the random capitalization of letters, it’s so very grade-1.  When I was a kid, I remember drawing and writing all the time.  I kept diaries randomly too and would especially write when I was angry or frustrated but then when I would re-read it later I would rip the pages out because I no longer felt angry.  I am hoping that that is why she decided to rip this one out too. ♥

5 comments:

dawn said...


I just have to say her writing and drawing are amazing.

Briana's Mom said...

I love it! She is an amazing little artist and her writing is very neat and tidy! This is one of those drawings that you will hang on to forever. :)

Anonymous said...

She sure seems to think you have a GREAT body!
Dawn

marie said...

awww.. I saved a couple notes like that. She's actually dealing with her feelings in a very mature way. I'm very impressed! (with her artwork too!!)

Bobby said...

I don't even want to think what out little girl might include!

Then again . . .