Monday, December 31, 2012

27 questions about 2012

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Hmmmm ... ???

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make any for next year?
I don’t think I made any so I guess yes.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think so ...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Thankfully!

5. What countries did you visit?
Visited the USA, went to NY (Plattsburgh, Lake George – twice! and NY City), Miami and Los Angles.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Money. Patience. Not necessarily in that order.

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?

January 20 – I was laid off from my job of 9 years and December 11 – the date I started my new job.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I am not sure it’s really an achievement, but I really enjoyed having almost a year off to be with the kids. I got to do some typical stay-at-home mom kind of things like attending school field trips and taking the kids to the local pool all summer.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Running. I started off ok, but then I was discouraged that I did worse on my 5K than last year. Then I kind of gave up in the summer because it was too hot and never really started up again. I had planned to start back up in the fall but I was just never really able to get my act together.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I had a horrible flu last year between Christmas and New Year but other than that, not much else.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My very first Coach purse ... I ♥ it!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and hockey ... oh, and that Disney vacation ...

13. What did you get really excited about?
The trips to LA (Disneyland) and Miami

14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gangham Style by Psy ... and I have heard it enough to last me a lifetime. Really. Enough already.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier and fatter. Definitely poorer since I was unemployed for most of the year!

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Running.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Cleaning. Seriously, when you have 2 kids, what is the point?

18. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas Eve was with Steph’s family and Christmas day with my family.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang theory but I also enjoyed the Amazing Race and 2 Broke Girls

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I read so many novels this summer but I cannot remember any of the titles. There was one that I loved about an Indian man that started a matchmaking business out of his home. I was at the library at least once a week and reading at least 4 novels a week.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

Payphone - Maroon 5, Starships – Nicki Minaj, What Makes you Beautiful – One Direction

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Hmmm ... I saw a lot of kid movies – Hotel Transylvania was a fun one, so was the Lorax and Ice Age. I really enjoyed the new James Bond movie and Magic Mike (hehehe ...).

23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 42 and....wow, what did I do? I can’t really remember since it was back in March. I think I was recuperating from the LA trip and getting ready for our trip to South beach. It’s a rough life, I know .... ;o)

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Winning the lottery?

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Yoga pants from Costco ... seriously, I think I took ‘laid-back’ to a whole new level. It was definitely a stretchy-pants mom-look kind of year. Oy.

26. What kept you sane?
Ice-cream, novels and podcasts.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Stretchy pants and ice-cream do not lead to weight loss.  Who knew?

Seriously, I learned a lot about myself. As much as I enjoyed a year off of work and spending more time with my kids, I learned that I need a life too. While the kids are at school and Steph is at work, I need to be around other people – learning, contributing, etc... Now I know why so many SAHM’s work out for 2 hours a day or volunteer at the school. There is only so much cooking and cleaning I can do without losing my mind. I just wasn’t cut out for the life of a domestic goddess. ;o)

0 comments: