Sunday, July 29, 2012

5 years together

006

I can hardly believe that 5 years have gone by since Naomi joined our family.   Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and other times it is hard to remember life before her.  Here is what I wrote about this day 5 years ago.

It seems that we’ve been enjoying a lot of Chinese food lately but we decided to go for dim sum again today.  Naomi really wanted to wear one of her Chinese dresses and she wanted dumplings! 

I remember buying this dress for her in China at the silk market.  I could barely fathom that my little 9 month old baby was ever going to fit into a size 8 dress (the sizing is a bit different).  She was very happy to be wearing this beautiful silky dress today.  

003

007 

Happy 5th adoption day Naomi!  We are so thankful that you are a part of our family.  ♥

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Congratulations on Your fifth Family Day! It's gone by so fast. Next month will be 5 years for us too. When I look back at the little babies we brought back home so many years ago and look I to those same eyes today it" an amazing transformation. But I'm sure you know the real change is ourselves. Can't imagine our lives now with our beautiful little girls in them!

Give her a big hug from us!

Briana's Mom said...

She looks gorgeous! Happy Family Day!

LucisMomma said...

Congratulations! Our girls' adoption day is not that different, too--ours is Aug 14. Luci's from LiuZhi SWI. I think our girls coud be twins--or even sisters, they look so much alike.