Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Countdown to Spring Break 2012

0608A.JPG

There is much excitement around here at the moment.  The countdown is on and as the kids reminded me this morning, only 3 more sleeps before we head out to LA/Anaheim.

This will be the kids’ first trip to California.  Steph and I were there eons ago back in 1994.   I am sure that much has changed since then.  We are mainly going for Disneyland but plan on visiting LA / Hollywood and the beach as well.  I think that Naomi is the perfect age right now as she is still into princesses and all the movies.  I have made reservations at Ariel’s Grotto and I’m looking forward to watching her experience everything (she was only 2 years old last time).  If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.  Heh.

The planning has been much different from when we go to WDW where we stay onsite, take the shuttles, dine in the WDW restaurants, etc.. (there is always some sort of deal happening like free dining plan, hotel discounts, park ticket discounts …).  This trip is less inclusive but also we have more freedom.  I am curious to see how this Disneyland experience will compare to what we are used to at WDW. 

I’ll leave you with this photo that popped up when I did a Google search on “what to wear to Disneyland in March”

dressing_0

This is how people dressed for Disneyland in March in the 1950s.  Source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip in the warm weather! I'll be thinking of you while we freeze skiing at Mont Tremblant :)

Bobby said...

We’re headed to Disney (world) too next month. This will be Lily’s first trip and she can’t wait. Last time we here in Anaheim (Wife business trip) a friend loaned me her car and I (before Lily) spent the rest of the day driving the PCH, man that was fun. I’ll be looking forward to many pictures from the trip. And of course shots of you guys in the recommended dress!

Catherine said...

Have a great trip Julie!! Naomi is at such a great age for enjoying the princesses, characters, etc.

I have a couple of files I send people with WDW info, tips and tricks. Not sure how much of it would apply to DL but I'm happy to send them on to you if you wish. Just let me know.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, looking forward to seeing your pics!!!

Amy