Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Whoa, time really does fly

Seriously, I can barely believe that I haven’t posted in over a month! Ok, let’s see … um,  we’ve been really  busy lately with hockey for Francis and Naomi in gymnastics, skating, swimming and Sparks.  Next IMG_1703Sunday is Naomi’s last swimming class for this session and she will be moving up to the green level after the holidays.  It’s amazing how much she improved.  She can now easily swim the width of an Olympic sized pool doing front crawl – so impressive for a 5 year old!  She is also really loving gymnastics and skating lessons.  She was even asked to join a special skating program because they see some natural talent in her.  We’ve decided to hold off for now as she has enough activities.  She also joined Sparks which is a part of Girl Guides but for her age group.  Several kids from school joined and she just loves that they do lots of singing and crafts.  IMG_1625

Francis has been busy as ever with his intensive hockey IMG_1650training.  He is in a special sports-enhanced school program where he practices 3 times a week in the morning.  He is also on an elite double letter inter-city team which practices several times a week and has 1-3 games a week depending on the schedule.  He is one of two goaltenders for this team.  It certainly keeps the parents on the go! IMG_1654

In November someone in our family celebrated their 40th birthday (and it wasn’t me)! 

So here we are, the 7th of December – I am not done my Christmas shopping nor have I done any baking.  The tree isn’t even up yet!  Gah!   I am looking forward to the days after Christmas where I have a week off to spend entire days in my pyjamas playing video games with the kids and eating nothing but chocolate and eggnog.  Yeah.  

And last but not least, I am thrilled for my dear friends Doris and Dan (and daughter Daphne) who are in China getting to know their adorable new son, Donovan.  Just thinking of them in China as a forever family of 4 makes my heart happy.  Looking forward to meeting their new little guy soon!  ♥

1 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fun, busy life! The kiddos are still young but I'm guessing you're already sporting your 'Mommy Taxi' hat with pride!

Christmas is busy but so much fun!

SOOO happy for our friends!