Sunday, May 15, 2011

Akk, don't take my picture!

Here are a couple of pictures I found in my camera from last weekend.  Not one picture of me and the kids together for Mother's day.  Sigh.  I have this *really* bad habbit of jumping out of the way when anyone points a camera at me. In the moment I am thinking - akk, no make-up, bad hair, double chin, wrong outfit, 30 extra pounds, akkk!! But then I go around all the other blogs and see lovely pictures of mother's and their kids.  The pictures are not perfect (ok, seriously some of them ARE close to perfection ...) but it does capture the moment.  I am going to try and break this habbit because I want lots of pictures of me and my family!  Now I just need to re-train my husband (who happens to have a photography degree) to include me in the picture. It's not his fault - for years I've been telling him to stop pointing the camera at me!

(I wish I could crop that guy's butt and hand out of Naomi's headshot)

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Cute photos!! And yes - we want to see more of you! :D

Susan said...

You should take pictures with your children so that they could have beautiful pictures of you when they are older. They do not see the extra 30 lbs. All they see is their beautiful mother!

Bobby said...

Well at least IF you don't want to be in any of the pictures you have a lovely family to show~! We have tons of pictures of us when I was a kid, but most of the time mom was taking the pictures, so there's not many of her in them. The above comment from Susan is right they really would enjoy seeing you in the pictures later on.

Bailey said...

Totally cute photos! For the "butt shot..." how about photoshop! Don't you just love how certain things that you don't want in your photo end up in them anyway?!?!

3D said...

You are amazing but totally nuts! You are hot and awesome and do not have double chins/30lbs extra. Yes more of you!

Keep smilin!