Monday, June 21, 2010

June update (pictures!)

I downloaded 102 pictures from my camera today so I thought it was time to update the blog. It is getting harder and harder to find the time to blog these days but I will squeeze in updates wherever I can.
Here is what we have been up to lately (in no particular order):

Naomi had her second dentist visit. They actually cleaned her teeth with the "magic toothbrush". That evening at dinnertime there was much discussion about what toothpaste flavor was the best. Naomi went for good old mint and Francis chose bubble gum.

Stephan cooked us up a lobster feast one night .. it was Naomi's first lobster ... thought I had taken a picture of her but I can't seem to find it. Here's Francis ready to dig in!


Some pictures of Naomi, the one with the geese was taken in Ottawa

Francis and Moka ... boy does he love that dog!
Love that smile!

This is Sunny, our new budgie (because Kovy flew away)

Naomi dressed up and ready for a birthday party!

This was the cake - the birthday girl's mom made it - it was spectacular! And the frogs on the cupcakes were handmade chocolate!

We went to see Shrek 3D!



We are renovating our bedroom (finally! We have been in this house for 5.5 years and have done nothing!) This is the previous owner's decor - YUK!

buh-bye ugly blue carpet and wallpaper border! We are putting in hardwood stained a walnut color. The ugly ceiling fan has gotta go too! I will post pictures when we are done. Looks better already with the new paint color and no ugly carpet.

Swimmer or ballerina? Love this swimsuit! Old Navy $9!

can't get this little fishie out of the pool

Last weekend was our town fair - Naomi loves the bouncy houses!

My aunt Josee made special quilts for Naomi and Francis!

She also made the castle wall hanging! (click on the pic to enlarge)
Francis got a hockey quilt. Perfect for a hockey kid!! His room is next on the makeover list. We did this room first when we moved in (he was 3). Time for an update and the quilt is the perfect start.
Well that concludes my June update. I cannot believe that I did not get a picture of Steph and the kids yesterday (Father's day) oh well, I'll blame it on the sangria!
We have a busy July planned so hopefully I'll have a lot of pictures next month too!

8 comments:

Kim said...

WOW>. you are busy girly..
LOVE all the photos..
the kids are growing up sooo fast..
Have a great July..
Thanks for the update..
Hugs..

Wanda said...

Wonderful update Julie. Looks like you're all happy and healthy. I can't get over how grown up your Naomi is. And soooooooo cute!!!

Happy Summer!

Briana's Mom said...

What a great update! You have been busy!

I cannot believe how grown up and beautiful Naomi is! Time does fly. So glad to see your update!

Bobby said...

Great update. I still love Naomi's room. Just right for a little Princess.

Амариллис said...

Beautiful pictures! Have a great summer!


Marina

sewgoodsewfar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sewgoodsewfar said...

Did Steph toss the live lobsters into the pot?

I too was stunned how big Naomi is and I just saw her last week! She looks older in photos somehow.

Our family said...

What a great update!!!!! I hope you are all enjoying the summer!!!!!

Nice to see all your pics! Everyone looks so happy and cute!