Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Naomi!!!


I can hardly believe you are already three. I feel like you are growing up too fast and I wish there was a way to keep you little forever. On the other hand I love to see you grow and learn about the world around you. I love watching you learn new things. You are so smart. Everyone tells me so. One of your birthday gifts is an 87 piece puzzle because you can do all the 24 and 36 piece ones in 10 minutes. The lady in the store didn’t even believe daddy when he told her. Your daycare teacher says you are more advanced than most of the 5 year olds she’s taught. I am so proud of you. I love your big personality. You believe in fairy tales and princesses and princes. You know every Disney princess story by heart. Some days you are so girly and other days you are rough and tumble. One moment asking for nail polish, the next you are shooting your brother with your fingers. You are affectionate and can’t go to sleep without a huggy and kissy. I love the way you drag your stuffed"doggie" around. You love the way he smells and never want me to wash him. You love animals, all animals. You love to visit the snakes at the pet store much to my horror and you call your hamster Fatso in a loving way. You make me laugh every day with your silly antics and it is easy to make you laugh as well.

Every year on your birthday I can’t help but wonder about the mother who gave birth to you. I wonder what her circumstances were. I wonder if she is thinking of you today. I’ll bet she is. I feel so lucky to be your mom and I am grateful to be the one who gets to spend every day with you.
Love always,
Mommy
xxx

12 comments:

3D said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Naynay!!!

Keep smilin!

Wanda said...

Happy Birthday little one. How can it be that she is 3 already? (My fav age BTW - it's so magical.)

Loved your post Julie. What a great little girl you have!

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday sweet Naomi! Welcome to the three club!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post...they are so precious and we are indeed so lucky to spend each day with our kids...what would life be like without them...I don't want to even imagine.

Karen
Happy Birthday Naomi!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post...they are so precious and we are indeed so lucky to spend each day with our kids...what would life be like without them...I don't want to even imagine.

Karen
Happy Birthday Naomi!!

Our family said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Naomi!

What a lovely glimpse into what makes Naomi so very special!

Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry in the Starbucks at lunch time!!

Special K said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday Naomi!
Our daughters do look a lot alike. Sophia is from Beijing and she is tall. Our guide in China thought she is Mongolian.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday sweet Naomi!!!

xoxo,

Lisa

Janet said...

SHE IS THREE ALREADY? WOW! That is amazing! She sounds like such a great kid! Happy Birthday, Naomi!

Catherine said...

3 already? How did that happen! Happy birthday sweet Naomi!!