Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And the award for worst blogger goes to ...

What can I say, it's been a bit crazy around here. Francis is back to school and is off to a good start. His French teacher is a man - he really seems to like that. Ahhh grade 3! I signed Naomi up for gymnastics with the 3-5 year olds since she will be three next month but she doesn't love it. She is used to me participating with her and now she is on her own with the other kids and she is having some major separation anxiety. The first time she ran in and did about half the class before becoming hysterical because she realized I was not there. The second class I could not get her in the door. We also did a ballet trial class. The ballet teacher (a man) told all the parents to leave and Naomi lost it. Ok, so we'll try again next year. It's too bad because at home she is constantly dancing or jumping around!
I have not been very good at taking pictures of the kids lately. Sigh. I did get this one from a recent hike we did and the other one is Naomi wearing her pink kitty pj's same as she saw Ro and Ree wearing the other day. Every day she wants to see what the Salsa Twins are up to!

9 comments:

Wanda said...

Busy is fine as long as you're happy. And it sounds like things are rolling along as they should.

Ahhh....I remember very similar outbursts of hysteria when I tried to leave Dahlia at both gymnastics and ballet (and a few others too). It all worked out in it's right time though. I still have to remind myself of that and not fret.

Our family said...

Ahhhh, separation anxiety, so hard on both the child and parent! Hang in there.... I bet that she will be fully ready next year. M-G didn't have any desire to do any classes that I wasn't inside for this year. I too though Gymnastics and or ballet. But, noooo.... She didn't want to sign up whatsoever when I said I would watch her from 'outside'. She will be ready some day I suppose:) I remember Victoria crying with worry that when she takes her drivers test, I might not be able to go along. I promised her that she if she wanted me there, I would be! LOL She was about 6 at that point:))) Now, driver's ed is only a year away and no such luck with her wanting me to tag along! ROFL

btw, as always, great pics! Your kids are getting so big!!!!

Briana's Mom said...

So glad to you post again! Naomi and Francis are so adorable like always! I'm sure Naomi will love things like gymnastics and dance next year. Sounds like she just needs a little time.

3D said...

She is killing me with her expressions!!

Keep smilin!

barkfoot said...

It can be difficult when you are shy and mom isn't around to hold your hand. Has Naomi got a special friend she can go to classes with?

simply t said...

The kids are getting so big! I was wondering when a good time to sign Eme up for dance would be, of course, I was hoping it might bring some grace to her world...since the only bit of grace she has is in her name;)

Livin' out loud said...

Um, I'd be competition for you there..I am SO behind!! And I MISS it very much too lol...glad to hear all is well!!!
Susan

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Good to hear from you!!

Sorry to hear about ballet class....like you said, there is always next year!

Lisa

Bailey said...

I think I might give you a run for your money for the worst blogger award. Sometimes life just gets in the way! Love the pink PJs.