Monday, August 31, 2009

How to avoid getting your kids a dog in 2 easy steps


Step one: purchase 2 fancy rodents (winter white mini hamsters). Allow children to name them Bugzy and Snowbell. Purchase deluxe cage and accessories, special mini hamster food and aspen pine bedding. Teach children not to squeeze them too hard and to pick up the ...ahem ... dropping they leave on the furniture.

Step two: purchase second type of animal in case they get bored with rodents. Pick aqua colored "wild" budgie along with cage (found) bird toys, food, vitamins and prepare him a raw food diet daily. Try to teach bird to be gentle and not bite children. Allow child #3 (husband) to name bird after favourite hockey player (Kovy). Make children promise to feed and clean cages.


There now, that's MUCH easier than getting a dog right?

10 comments:

Our family said...

THAT is classic!!!!! Too cute and funny!!!!!! Enjoy the new 'babies'!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Now that is a plan that just might work!! Have fun with the new additions:) Looks like you have two happy kiddos!!

Hope you had a great summer.....haven't been over here to visit in a while!!

Lisa

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

LOVE IT.. we have tried all those.. now we are left with 3 dogs... and 1 parrot...
have a great week

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

LOVE IT.. we have tried all those.. now we are left with 3 dogs... and 1 parrot...
have a great week

3D said...

You are too cute!

I still say a dog is better!!!!

Keep smilin!

Wanda said...

Now that's funny. So, who gets to catch the little micies when they get loose?

Kayce said...

That's a great plan! I'm with 3D though...love my pups! Have fun with your new dogs um I mean hamsters. :)

Bobby said...

Ok, when the time comes I will use this plan too! Growing up I can't count the number of hamsters and birds my parents tried. But in the end we got the dog.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That's too funny.
Yep in a about a weeks time you will find yourself the full time carer of 2 rodents and a budgie instead of 1 dog!

Life is easier with 1 fish.
Good old DJ fishy!

Jennifer said...

Your kids look thrilled! I finally got my dog this summer. Last year I wanted a dog and my husband did not want a dog. I got a fish, a hermit crab, and a chinchilla. He said I could have anything in a cage!!!!