Saturday, May 16, 2009

Playing Photograper

Due to cut backs at work, I am working a 4-day week. Yay for more time with the kids, boo for the cut in income. So on Wednesday, I decided to play photographer for a day with Naomi as my model. I wanted to get some nice pictures of the lovely doggie twirl skirt my mom made for Naomi. With camera in hand I headed for a lovely area near the water. 5 shots later and I had a dead battery and a kid who needed to pee. I quickly found that the life of a photographer was a lot less glamorous than I thought. Back home I got a few more shots in before my model had a meltdown and needed a nap.









15 comments:

Wanda said...

Julie, I love the picture of Naomi leaning against the tree, looking at her skirt. It's so soft and pretty.

Sorry to hear about work changes (although an extra day off will be wonderful - all sorts of things to get to now!) Happy photogging. (Hint: after a few dying battery experiences, I bought a back-up.)

Take care,
Wanda

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

LOVE the photos..
And Naomi's little skirt is toooo cute..
Have a great week..

Anonymous said...

Julie, who needs Magenta??!!

Great shots,
Amy F.

barkfoot said...

I've heard that these top female models can be somewhat tempermental, tantrums are only to be expected.
Love the photos, and quite jealous of your Canon EOS...
Shame about your cut in hours, but then, "work to live, not live to work"!

Linda said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful girl. Love the skirt. Linda

Pug Mama said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

3D said...

Sucky about work but loving the pics!!

Keep smilin!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is just precious!!

I am with Wanda...I love the picture up against the tree too!! The way she is looking down is just perfect!!

Hope you have a great week!

Lisa

Our family said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Those are GORGEOUS pics!!!!!

Such fun!

Jen

M and M said...

Those pictures are stunning!!

Sorry about the work thing. Perhaps you could freelance on the 5th day!

Nevis said...

Yup! The chalkboard is vinyl that just sticks onto the wall...it's totally awesome. It was $29.99 at Target...you'll find it in the Home section by the art and paintings.

Susie and Gordie said...

Too cute!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful photos!!!!!

Jen

Debz said...

BEAUTIFUL!
I love the one where she is sitting under the tree. So Sweet.

Elisa ( FC Monsters) said...

Beautiful pictures...wow you are getting very talented at this!