Monday, March 16, 2009

Disney trip

At last. Pictures of our trip! I've been feeling lazy since we got back but have been wanting to update so here's a quick post:


It was fun but exhausting. We were somewhat unlucky. When we got to the airport their entire system was down so check-in and security took about 4 hours. Then when we finally got on the plane Naomi vomited all over her seat and herself before the flight even left. She ended up with flu for the entire vacation and only started to feel better on the last day. We had some cold days that were unexpected but all in all it was fun. My parents joined us which was really nice. We chose the Port Orleans French Quarter hotel which was surprisingly un-Disney like but nice and quiet and a great reprieve from the busy days plus it had an awesome pool with a dragon slide that the kiddos loved.
Naomi was feeling well enough to go to the princess breakfast (the one at Epcot) near the end of the trip. She got to meet all the princesses which she really enjoyed. I have to say that was one of my favorite parts, watching Naomi meet and interact will all the characters. She was not shy at all and everyone got big hugs - she even got to meet Mulan.

I will add more pictures in a few days.









8 comments:

Wanda said...

Well, welcome back. It's so nice to hear Disney stories (albeit you hit a few hiccups along the way). We went for the first time last Nov and Dahlia loved it almost as much as I did - and she really loved it. Exhausting but wonderful. Love the Belle and Miss Snow White pic. She's a cutie-pie your little one. Share more pictures when you can. (Isn't the castle amazing?)

Pug Mama said...

Oh my goodness! What a way to start off a trip!
Hope you all enjoyed yourselves despite the set backs!

M and M said...

I am so sorry that Naomi was not feeling well. I am glad that by the end of the trip things were better.

I will be waiting for the 'more pictures'.

Bobby said...

I'm glad you guys managed to have fun in the face of all that was going on. I'm sure many of us would have wanted to turn around after the first, "bump".

3D said...

I am sorry that all things Disney was not aces but those pics are great!

Keep smilin

Catherine said...

Awww...sorry to hear little Naomi was sick for your trip. Poor lamb! Glad she was feeling well enough to enjoy breakfast in Norway with the princesses. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Catherine said...

A littel birdie told me it was your birthday....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Poor Naomi! Love the picture of her and Belle. We just booked out trip to Disney in Sept and we are staying at Port Orleans FQ.

Jen