Saturday, February 14, 2009

Off to a bad start

It's Valentines day ... and I'm pissed. I just came back from the hair salon. I am so mad. Arrggggg!!! I went in to get my streaks touched up - I chose a different colorist than last time because the last girl left out big chunks so my hair was mostly blond with chunks of brown. So the guy come over and asks what I want ... I want my highlights touched up, GOLDEN BLOND please, not ash (grayish) blond. So I spend 2 hours getting the streaks and under the drier thing - then they wash out my hair and I see it in the mirror I start to freak. Even wet it looks white - like albino white. Like Grandma white. The hair wash girl offers to dry it because I hadn't booked cut and set as they told me there was no room. Anyways, the guy comes over and tells me there has been a cancellation. So he asks me what I want. And I say just a teeny trim please - I love the length - PLEASE don't cut the length off, jut a few layers in the back. So he proceeds to hack at my hair like a mad man. At one point he even bonked me in the head with the hair drier and said nothing! So when he starts to dry it and I start to see the white blond and the hack job I want to scream. I keep telling him to just make it straight (as it normally is) but he is not listening and frying my head and pouffing it and curling it under. I don't know why but I let him finish torturing me. I am looking at the floor and it is VERY obvious that I am pissed. He has hacked a good 8 inches off the back and sides. I want to burst out in tears. He doesn't ask me if I like it, he just hands me the bill. I race to the front desk, throw on my coat and pay ($200!!!) because I know I'm about to loose it and don't want to make a scene. So I get home, jump in the shower and wash my hair 3 times and give it a good conditioning treatment. My rage is subsiding and now I just feel like an idiot. I keep thinking ... It's just hair. It will grow back. But I am so sad and disappointed. I really loved my long hair, the brown/blond highlights, soft and shiny. Sigh.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry! That same thing happened to me once and I didn't say anything either, even though I hated it. I called in sick to work because I couldn't stop crying and I even went to my Mom's hairstylist and paid to have it fixed!

Not a fun way to spend your Valentine's Day. I'm sorry.

Ava's family said...

I'm so sorry.((Hugs)) If I were you, I'd drown my sorrows with a big ole box of chocolates. It always makes me feel better....Until I climb on the scale the next day! =)

Our family... said...

OOOH NOOOOO!!!!!

That is horrible!!!!!

I am so sorry....

Anonymous said...

OMG, Julie, you should have said something, if not for the hack job, then def the color!!!! Color can get changed and it will grow back...dig deep, smile, I am sure you still look like a yummy mommy!

Amy F.

Janet said...

Oh, I've had that happen to me too. Maybe when you've had some time to cool down you could go back and explain that this is NOT what you asked for and you would like someone to fix it. Someone who is not an IDIOT! ARG! I'm so sorry!

Susie and Gordie said...

I am sorry to hear you had such a horrible day! Hope your hubby made you feel better...

3D said...

I am sorry you had a crap experience. I am positive you look just as gorgeous as always!

Keep smilin!

Jennifer said...

Even though it is just hair and it will grow back it IS devastating!!!! I had my hair cut short about 6 months ago and got bangs and I HATE it. I can't wait for the bangs to grow out.

The worst part is the price we pay to hate our hair...

Jen

mom to three great kids said...

This sounds like each and every one of my hair salon appointments...Doesn't anyone listen to the customer anymore?

Sorry it had to be you.
I'm sure it'll grow back soon enough, until then...try not to think too much about it as i'm sure it still looks great.

Elisa ( FC Monsters) said...

Wow, I would be fuming too.
It will grow back and by summer time you won't be able to tell.

If it was me I would have said something.
This happened to me years and years back and the next day they gave me a free colour to rectify it..after that I never went back and found somewhere else.
Hugs..x

Anonymous said...

I won't have been able to say anything either and I would have been just as mad. I don't know why I feel so helpless once they get me in that chair. So frustrating and WRONG!

Dawn

barkfoot said...

Hair is such a personal thing, I can understand why you are upset.
I once made a mistake while attempting to cut my own hair. I forgot to put the attachment back on the clippers and cut a bald stripe right up the back of my head. I looked like a dog that had been for an operation!...
Maybe it's time to treat yourself to something nice to put that smile back on your face? ;~)