Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gung Hay Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year!


Naomi showing off a silk outfit we bought in China. I am a bit confused by the sizes. I got dresses in each size, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc ... thinking it was by age. This one is a 6 (it's a bit big) but she's only 2! The size 2 one is teeny tiny and I have 2 size 4 dresses that fit pretty good. Anyone have a clue about these sizes?
Here are some CNY decorations around our house ...

Table's all set for tomorrow ... Naomi LOVES these kid chopsticks!

Some little lanterns that I found at a party store.
Some little swirly dragon thingies ... and that's about it!
Here are a couple of books that Naomi really enjoys about Chinese New Year. She is going to bring them to daycare (small home daycare) tomorrow so I included a small box of Pocky sticks to share with her friends. These are her absolute favourite .... not sure how much sharing will happen.
On another note, Naomi "graduated" from her gymnastics class today. They did a little show for the parents and then the teacher handed out the medals to Rocky music. So stinking cute. I wish I had thought to bring my camera! She is soooooo proud of her little medal ... her brother has a room full of them and now she finally has one too. The first thing she said when she ran to me was "Look! Just like Francis!"

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year!!!!

I bought a bunch of dresses in China for Katie too. She wore the size 4 last year. She will probably have to wear the 6 this year. The 2 is really tiny.

Naomi looks so cute!!

Looks like you are all ready for the New Year!

Jen

Our family... said...

Congratulations Naomi!!!!!! She looks incredibly proud!

BTW, I ADORE the New Year photo!!!!! She has grown so much! What a doll!!!!!

Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!!!

3D said...

Love it! The decorations are great and like you said...she is stinkin' cute!

Keep smilin!

Briana's Mom said...

Naomi looks so cute in her little outfit! Xin Nian Kuai Le!

Elisa ( FC Monsters) said...

She looks so cute in that outfit!
Wow have our decorations up too and we have had peking duck two night's running..he he we love it!

Sea Star said...

Happy New Year!

She has grown so much! Hope the year is spectacular for your family.

OziMum said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

I agree - their sizing is pretty weird. We had to get Mikayla a size 16 dress (and she was only 10!) And Harry was in a size 12 dragon suit - and he was 6!!

Susie and Gordie said...

Happy New Year to you all! Love your decos.

Debz said...

That is the cutest dress ever! Pink is so pretty on her.
Great job on decorating.
I totally forgot about the Chinasprout website thanks for the reminder! I will not go without decorations next year!

Congrats to Naiomi for her accomplishment!!! ps...I must be PMSing.....I thought her medal looked like chocolate! aren't ya glad I'm not at your house right now! Poor little Naiomi would be running to you crying that some crazy lady tried to eat her medal!!! LOL
Happy CNY!

PIPO said...

Happy New Year!

Love the decor and the photo of your girl in her outfit is just adorable.

LucisMomma said...

Happy New year to you and your family! Your Naomi is adorable!! Love your decorations, and I'll have to look up those books you showed. I haven't seen them before.

Luci's little Chinese dress is size 8 (the one she wore Monday to our FCC dinner), and she is a little-bitty 4 year old! I don't understand the sizes, either.

susan

Kate said...

I was told that you halve the Chinese size to get the 'age' size - so a 6 is for age 3.
Hope that helps.