Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Global Warming?

It is -28 degrees. It's freekin' cold. I shouldn't complain, I have lived here all my life and January is always like this. It's the reason I own Ski-Doo boots even though I don't own a Ski-Doo. Somehow it always comes to me as a shock. Makes me wonder what my ancestors were thinking (really, I'd like to know). I read somewhere that it was only -7 in the North Pole today. That's just not right.

I'm going to hibernate in my bed. I mean, that's what bears do right? They go to sleep all fattened up (sounds familiar) then wake up in the spring, thin, relaxed, in time for the flowers.
Sign me up for some of that!!!

11 comments:

OziMum said...

Its so funny, when I read 28 degrees... coz 28 degreesC (which is what we use here) - is on the verge of HOT!!! I think its in the vacinity of 70F?!! We had a scorcher the other day... it was 41 degreesC (108F)... it was suffocating! Thank the lord for air con!

Our family... said...

I hear you!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I will hibernate too! Would love to wake up trim in the spring:)))!!!!

Take care and bundle up!
Jen

3D said...

I wonder why my parents moved here....sigh....stay warm!

Keep smilin!

Janet said...

Brrrr....I hear that you guys are still in the deep freeze. We have a brief respite this week, we're at +3 today! And then next week back down to the -20's again....sigh.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am with you.....it is only in the teens here....BRRRRR!!

I have had enough of old man winter....bring on spring:)

Lisa

Briana's Mom said...

It's even freezing in Atlanta! Brrrrr!!!!

PIPO said...

I suspect I should stop crabbing about -4!

Cuddle up :0)

barkfoot said...

-28??!!!! That's mind boggylingly cold! Hibernating doesn't sound so bad... sleep the winter away AND lose weight.
I thought winters were bad here. I ALMOST had to put jumper on yesterday LOL

Pug Mama said...

now THAT is cold!!!

Susie and Gordie said...

I have ski-doo boots also along with a ski-doo but with this cold who wants to ride on one!

Elisa ( FC Monsters) said...

Last week was fricken freezing ughh!
Saturday was great though...getting together is always fun!