Saturday, October 18, 2008

Big Girl Bed


Today Naomi is napping in her "big girl" bed for the fist time. Recently we found out that she is getting in and out of her crib on her own so we decided to give the big bed a try. She is up there napping right now and seemed pleased as punch to not be in her crib. I am so excited and happy for her - but a bit sad too that she's not a baby anymore.
***UPDATE***
It's 8pm now and I thought I'd upload a few more pictures from today. I just read Naomi a story and let her choose if she wanted to sleep in the big bed or the crib. Without hesitation she chose the big bed. I guess we can take the crib down now.





13 comments:

OziMum said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Congrats on the Big Bed news!!! Harry was a climber, too!

3D said...

She is getting so big! In her big bed...yeah N!

Love the pics. Bootiefull!

Keep smilin!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a big girl!!

It does get a little scary once they start to climb...glad she likes her new bed!

I just love that last picture, she is too cute in her coat and hat!!

Lisa

Kayce said...

Wow! A big girl bed! Yeah Naomi!! Love the pic of the kids throwing leaves up in the air.

Briana's Mom said...

She looks so cute in her bed!

Bri surprisingly has never tried to climb out of her crib. I am waiting for the day she tries it. I may actually have to coax her into a big girl bed!!

LucisMomma said...

Congratulations on the big girl bed!

I love the picture with Naomi scrunching up her nose. :)

I do think she and Luci look a lot alike!

Janet said...

LOVE the leaf pictures! And congrats on getting into a big girl bed, Naomi! Woo hoo!!!!

sarahkate60120 said...

Congrats on the big girl bed and an early happy birthday. I can't believe that N will be two tomorrow and Anna three.

Anna and I have tagged you!

Julie Anne & Anna

Catherine said...

Yay for a big girl bed! She looks so cute in it.

Fun fall pics of the kids. The last one with the apple is so cute!

Bobby said...

A good and "sad" day. I look foward to those days, but I'm going to miss my little baby too.

Susie and Gordie said...

How cute is she, in her big girl bed!

Elisa. said...

Great photo's, she looks so grown up and her big girl bed!

jenbusymom said...

She certainly is growing fast! Our Maddie stayed in her crib until August (2.5) and then went into her bed, it feels so final once you put the crib away, it's very hard, but they definately love their "big gir" beds!