Sunday, June 01, 2008

rainy weekend

It was a very rainy weekend here so we did lots of indoor stuff with the kiddo's. Francis and Stephan played Wii, Naomi played with her dolls and I snuck out for dinner with my bff on Saturday night.

Friday was Naomi's last day at her current daycare. Long story short, the owner decided to move and shut down the daycare giving us a month's notice. Luckily, I had already found a new daycare provider for her for September as I wasn't really loving the other one. I called the new caregiver (Roxanna) last month and explained the situation. She was really helpful and said she could take Naomi for the entire month of June as one of the children will be away on holiday. So Naomi will be home for July and August and then start back (with Roxanna) in September. It's going to be a bit complicated but between Stephan's and my vacation time plus grandparents, aunts, etc we'll have to make do for 2 months!
Francis playing Wii Hockey ...

Naomi and her babies ...


Here are some pictures I took of Naomi - I was trying out my new camera, a Canon EOS Rebel Xsi - Sweet!!!
Click here to view pictures with captions or here to see them as a slideshow.

11 comments:

3D said...

Great way to hide out from the rain.

Love the new camera...I want one!

Keep smilin!

amy said...

What fun pics!!!!

Catherine said...

You did a great job of turning a rainy weekend into a weekend of fun!

Happy to hear you were able to get out with your BFF too.

Great new camera!! I've been saving and will be purchasing a D-SLR camera soon too. Looking foward to seeing many more beautiful pics. You have 2 perfect models to work with!

Matt, Kathy & Chani said...

Naomi is so cute. Love her little pigtails.
Cute giraffe chairs.
Nice camera too!

Susie & Gordie said...

Yes, that was crazy weather we had this past weekend! Congrats on your new camera... you'll love it. We just got ours at Xmas... of course they would come out with a newer model right after!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Hi Julie,
How fun! I have visited your blog a few times but I don't think I realized your son was from Russia too. Nicholas was born in Kemerovo also! Small world....
Your children are just beautiful...
Hopefully we can get to know eachother better.
God Bless You,
Daleea

fricke92 said...

Great pictures of your baby with her baby doll!

mommy24treasures said...

oh what fun pics! I have a rebel too!
I use fotofusion and I can do alot with it. Pretty user friendly. I can use photoshop Elements but it takes alot more time for me to do things. Fotofusion cuts the crop time and thinkgs like that.

Donna said...

What cute pictures...I love Naomi's piggies!

OziMum said...

Great pics!

So good that you got to sneak out for a bit of "grown up girl time"!
(sorry, didn't mean that to sound like a p0r.n title!)

Harry and Francis would get on like a house on fire! Harry is "at one" with the wii! Loves it!

Great pics with your new camera! Naomi couldn't possibly take a bad picture, on any camera!

Hopingforsix said...

How adorable! Loved watching the slideshow:)