Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bento + Misc

I still haven't received my bento boxes from Japan but I am having fun with the accessories!! Unfourtunately Ichiban Kan doesn't ship to Canada :o(
Naomi loves the little animal picks!

Here is my take on a bento lunch for Francis:
Ham 'n cheese sammi, strawberries and raspberries, a pepper flower, a cheese butterfly, a yogurt tube and some cookies.

And for moi!!
Chinese dumplings, a bunny bun filled with bean paste, edamamme, steamed broccoli, peppers, a cherry tomato and fresh strawberries!

Oh, and for those who are having fun with bento as well, I found these markers that you can use to write on food. They're called Foodwriters and I found them at a kitchen gadget specialty store. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Ashley Winters said...

What a beautifully packaged meal. Unfortunately, my children would go straight for the dessert and forget about the main course.

Briana's Mom said...

So beautiful! Almost too pretty to eat. Well, almost...LOL!

kris said...

very nice!

Lisa said...

I never heard of Bento before. I'm going to google them right now.

Yummy looking lunch!!

Janet said...

Yum!!!!I've never heard of that before!

PS_ Where did you get that orange and pink polka dotted dress for Naomi a couple of posts back? I saw it on Doris' blog and I would love to know where you got it.....

3D said...

You are so creative! Love the Bento idea a lot.

Keep smilin!

Bobby said...

Umm edamamme! Yum!

Janet said...

I don't think that we HAVE Maxi stores here! ARG! But yes, if you'll pick one up, I'd pay TEN BUCKS! She's an 18 month size now, but I wouldn't mind a size two, so she can wear it longer.....thanks! If you want to e-mail me, my address is:

tuiningas@cruzinternet.com

Debz said...

darn...I got excited for a sec and thought those were green smarties...I'll take the first lunch thank you......broccoli doesn't hide well in milk. ;P

Love Niaomi's Piggy tails!