Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Beginner Bento

Well it appears that working full time and raising 2 kids is getting in the way of my blogging. But I'm not ready to quit, even if I turn into one of those bi-monthly blogs.


Anyways, lets talk about my new obsession; bento or Obento if you prefer. It's a Japanese lunch sometimes referred to as a bento box. It's art with food and I love it. Ya know, because I love art, and I love food. So I went crazy and ordered a bento box and several accessories. From Japan. So I may not get them for a while. But this hasn't stopped me from creating my very first bento lunch. One for Stephan, one for me and a modified one for Francis who got dibs on the leftover tortellini.

This lunch includes:
- onigiri (rice balls)
- dumplings (pot stickers)
- cut veggies
- steamed bunny bun
- cookies

And this is the one for Francis - yup, that's a cheese alligator!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Mmmm...those look super yummy! You're the 2nd person I've read about recently who has purchased Bento. I'll do some research...looks neat! Enjoy.

Cute alligator cheese too!

Susie & Gordie said...

Love it!! Wish you could pack my lunches. Where did you get those bunnies?

Colleen said...

I've never heard of those before. Very cool.

Briana's Mom said...

Those look beautiful - and yummy!

Elisa, Jaz, Thomas & Zoe. said...

Very clever...who would not be tempted by that lunch!
I am sure it's super geat for kids!

How on earth do you find the time to do it!!

3D said...

Classy and delicious!

Keep smilin!

Lisa N. said...

That is so cool! How long did it take you to prepare that? :O)

- Doris' friend Lisa. :O)