Thursday, March 27, 2008

Naomi

Here's a sweet picture of miss Naomi in the driveway waiting for her big brother to get off the bus.

The snow is melting today - whoohoo!! Finally it's starting to feel like spring. And with spring comes change. I've got one week left before I go back to work. Sigh. I'm having trouble finding positive things to say about returning to work. It's not that I don't like my job, it's what I'm going to miss while I'm there.
It doesn't help that Naomi seems to hate the daycare. Every day I bring her in for about an hour. As soon as I pull into the driveway she starts to sob. She clings to me so hard that they have to pull her off of me. When I get back an hour later I can hear her from outside. On the drive home she falls asleep and even asleep she continues to whimper. It's just heartbreaking.

So it's been a rough week. I think it's time for some grape therapy. And maybe a little retail therapy too.

11 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Sweet picture! I am sorry to hear Naomi is having a hard time at daycare. Good luck returning to work. I am sure everything will work out just fine!

amy said...

what a sweet sweet face!

Anonymous said...

It must be hard to leave her like that...I HATE adjustment periods. Wish we could just skip them and get to the settled in periods :-(.

Dawn

Rebecca :-) said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org. Best wishes, Rebecca

Deb and Sean said...

Oh I feel for you! My Cadence has been going to her daycare for an hour a day for 5 weeks ... she cries the minute I turn onto the street! AND she keeps her coat on the entire time! We did finally have a break through last week ... coat off and stayed for 2 hours ... of course with a big long weekend and my daycare provider away this entire week ... we'll be starting all over!
My guess is ... you'll be the one in tears next week!
Good luck!

3D said...

Sounds hard on both of you. Hugs and if you need a hand opeing the bottle, give me a shout.

Keep smilin!

Elise said...

Such a cute picture as the snow melts!

I am praying that you both feel peace during your week getting used to the new routine.

Pug Mama said...

that must be so hard.....

Alyson & Ford said...

Hope Naomi learns to love her new friends at the daycare.
We love grape therapy too (and we don't have our daughter yet!!). Red is the best!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

PIPO said...

She is just wicked cute! (this is a very good thing :0)

Bobby said...

Naomi is so cute! Lily HATED daycare and it fell on me to drop her off every day. They would have to literally pull her off of me. I found myself going to work later and later because I didn’t want to take her in until I had to. Wouldn’t you know she started liking daycare just after we had made the decision to have my wife stay home. The last few weeks she’d smile and wave bye bye to me. Oh well what’s half your income when you get to have mom stay home!