Thursday, January 10, 2008

Naomi becomes a Canadian Citizen!!


A few days ago I received Naomi's Canadian citizenship certificate and card. Usually this can take up to a year to receive but we called and asked for it to be expedited as we have our upcoming trip to the States in March. I was starting to worry that we were going to have apply for a travel visa! Anyways, I'm very happy we have it now. The certificate is beautiful with the Canadian coat of arms and her name at the top. We have one for Francis too and I was thinking that maybe I'd pick up some simple frames and hang them. I want my kids to appreciate the cultures from where they were born but I also want them to be proud to be Canadian. I certainly am.

16 comments:

Beverly said...

congrats and a cute picture.

Beverly

Doris & Dan said...

Congrats Naomi!

"I want my kids to appreciate the cultures from where they were born but I also want them to be proud to be Canadian" - what we will strive to teach our kids.

Keep smilin!

Mark & Michelle said...

Fantastic news!!!

Great to hear and I love the picture!

Briana's Mom said...

Yippee! Congrats!

LaLa said...

Congrats....what a cute pic !!

Janet said...

HOORAY for Naomi! Another beautiful Canadian citizen!!!!!!

sea star said...

Congrats to Naomi! What a great photo!

cougchick said...

Congrats! What a momentous day!

krj said...

Yea! Congrats to your litte girl!!

OziMum said...

Yay! I have no doubt that your kids are happy to be Canadians!

Christie said...

Yaaaaay! What a relief, eh? (she's too cute with that little flag!)

Hugs

RoLo said...

Congratulations

i-Con said...

Hooray, sweet Naomi!

Elisa, Jarrod, Thomas & Zoe said...

Yeah Congrats.
Jarrod and I have just done our paperwork to start applying, we have done Zoe's at the same time too.
Not sure how long it will take though...that's ok they we are used to the whole visa thing for travelling anyway!

sweet-P's Mum said...

oh Canada!

Congrats...our girl(s) will be both American AND New Zealand citizens, I too, want them to be proud of their Chinese heritage, but proud to be Kiwis too (frankly I could take or leave the USA thing, BUT since their wonderful Daddy is American and they are too...I'll teach them to be..Chi-kiwi-mericans!)

Hayley

Cate said...

"O Canada!" Congratulations!

My nephew asked recently why he's both Canadian and American since they live in Ontario. My sister explained since she is an American, he could be too. He shrugged and said, "Well, I'm Canadian. Why would I want to be an American too?" Boy is Canadian to the core! My Canadian born brother-in-law laughed his head off and told him it makes customs easier when he goes to visit his grandparents.

My sister, who is a Canadian citizen also, was left a little speechless.