Friday, January 04, 2008

2008

Happy New Year!!

I haven't posted in such a long time, I don't know where to start! We had a lovely Christmas, full of toys, presents, food and family - just the way I like it. My house now looks like a toy store! We have been really enjoying being home together. We've been to movies, played in the snow, went tobogganing, skating, played hockey, shopped, visited friends, went to the see the Nutcracker ballet, gone for drives in our new SUV (a Mitsubishi Outlander), went for walks downtown, ordered a new swimming pool, had friends from out of town over, went out to restaurants, played with new toys, read books, relaxed and just enjoyed the time off.

Monday will bring an end to the holidays, it's back to school for Francis and back to work for Stephan, and back to a routine for Naomi and me. Part of me is dreading it and part of me is looking forward to it.

There is something very exciting about a new year. It's a clean slate. About an hour ago I set up the new calendar - it's a sort of family organizer kind that helps you keep track of each person's activities. I was going through the old calendar and filling in all the birthdays in the new one. I was noticing what a great year 2007 was for our family, obviously Naomi joining our family was the biggest change but there are birthdays and other events also. As I filled in Francis' 7th birthday, Naomi's 2nd birthday, our 10th wedding anniversary and our trip to Hawaii - I just knew that 2008 will be a very exciting and special year.

Wishing you all much happiness for 2008!!!

10 comments:

Kayce said...

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Doris & Dan said...

Happy 2008 my lovely friend! Best wishes to you and the gang.
May this be the best year yet!

Keep smilin!

Briana's Mom said...

Happy New Year to you! Best wishes!

Bobby said...

We've been really blessed this past year and are looking forward to what 2008 has to come. Just around the corner is Lily’s first birthday and we expect to see her walking very soon. I’m so happy to have bumped into you guys and am looking forward to many updates in the new year!

Colleen said...

Happy 2008! I like "clean" slates.

Mom2Boober-Do said...

Happy New Year to you guys too!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Sounds like you have a very exciting year ahead of you.

Wishing you all the best in 2008!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

RoLo said...

Happy Happy Happy 2008 to you and your family

cougchick said...

Happy New Year to you. Many blessings to you and yours....

OziMum said...

Oooo! The Outlanders are great!

Yes, 2008 will be a fantastic year! Can't wait to see Naomi in her "kini" in Hawaii!!!