I just don't seem to have any time to blog these days!!
Just wanted to do a quick update as so much is going on!
Happy Birthday to Zoe who turned 2 yesterday! Here is a picture of Zoe and Naomi at our adoption group Christmas party a week ago.
I also want to say a big thank you to Michelle who sent this beautiful handmade bracelet to Naomi! Thank you so much!!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
I just don't seem to have any time to blog these days!!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
Some pictures from the Santa parade on Saturday. It was cold! Brrrrr!!! Next year I have to remember to bring hot chocolate and the "ugly" boots that actually keep my feet warm! ;o)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- It's getting darn cold out there. Forecast for this week is in the -1 to -4 range. Brrr....
- Francis had his first hockey games of the season. Lost both but took it well.
- The kids are excited about Christmas. I love being able to say; "Santa's watching" and the two of them put their halo's on. For a couple of minutes anyways.
- I took Naomi shopping at the mall on Friday night - she loved the Christmas music and pointed out the decorations. She especially loves snowmen - can't wait to build one with her soon.
- Why do kids hate wearing hats, mitts and gloves? It's always an argument.
- I'm hooked on Facebook, that's why my blog is suffering.
- It's a hot chocolate and marshmallows kind of a day
- Took the kids bowling yesterday with the little balls - Francis beat my score, Naomi doesn't get the concept and prefers to throw balls at people. And she would only use the purple ball claiming it to be "MINE!"
- Naomi talks ALOT. Francis talks alot more than she does. And I talk more than all of them put together. No wonder Steph is so quiet.
- I saw Madagascar 2 last week ... what a riot ... I like to move it move it ....
- Naomi scratched her face with her fingernail during a screaming fit. She has a lovely scab covering half her cheek. Hence the lack of pictures.
- I started my Christmas shopping, the easy ones are done.
- Whats a good gift for the bus driver?
- We've booked a Disney World vacation for March. Can't wait! My parents are joining us too - it's going to be a blast. Anyone stay at Disney's POFQ?
- I feel like this blog needs a new look. I'm just too lazy to do the research to change it. Any experts willing to help me out?
- Need to start the Christmas decorating. I enjoy it when its done but it's alot of work!
- I'm off to start dinner. I'm making mango curried chicken with jasmine rice. Num!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
If you want to laugh your a$$ off, check THIS out
It used to be only in (Quebecois) French but they have done a few translations. ENJOY!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I can hardly believe Naomi turned 2 today. She has lived with us longer than she lived in China. Some days I feel like she is still "new" and at the same time I feel like I have known her forever. It's late but I wanted to get a few pictures up from today.
Enjoying the decorations ...
Stephan did the decorating - he did a great job!
Daddy and his girl
Labels: 2nd birthday
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
I only have a few minutes but I thought I'd share 2 adorable pictures.
Here she is a (pj) fairy princess - ahhh hours of fun with crap from the dollar store!
Here she is showing off her little (bento) lunch box. She went apple/pumpkin picking with the daycare and they had to bring a lunch. She was so proud to be carrying her own lunch box.
Wishing everyone a very happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Mastering the "Big Kid" swing.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
I just did (most of) this workout. Most of ... because while Jillian was doing crunches I was lying in a pool of my own sweat. I am dead. My legs are like Jello ... this workout is not for sissies. Silly me, I thought I was somewhat in shape - Ha! Jillian is insane. I mean really, how bad can a 20 minute workout be? I totally believe her claim that you can loose 20 lbs in 30 days ... I promise not to eat anything if I never have to suffer through that torture again!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
By 10:30 pm we had packed up and were heading home. Thankfully I had brought a ton of garbage bags so we just threw all the pillows, sleeping bags, air mattresses, clothes, etc… into them to deal with at home.
On Sunday we had the lovely job of washing everything. The washing machine was going nonstop all day. We had to put the tent up in the yard to air it out …
It took the entire day but we got everything clean and packed away for the next time we decide to embark on a little family fun …
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Wow, it's been a busy summer. I just have had no time to blog! So here's a quick update ~ bullet style.
- This has been the worst summer (weather-wise) – rain every freekin day. I don’t remember the last time we had a full sunny day. I haven’t even been in the pool for the past 2 weeks.
- Work has been insanely busy which is strange as I usually look forward to the summer as time to catch up!
- I read a good book – This Charming Man by Marian Keyes. 600+ pages in 7 days. I just love the way she writes … her Irish terms crack me up.
- I found Naomi 5 pairs of sandals for next year at $3 each! She’s currently wearing a size 6 shoe and I’m estimating an 8 or 9 by next summer. Does that sound right? I know, she's a bigfoot!
- Naomi's 12 month report is done!
- I've been enjoying the Olympics ... common Canada!
- 2 and a half weeks until Francis goes back to school (where did the summer go?)
- Naomi heads back to daycare next week
- We're going camping this weekend - weather report says sun so we are taking advantage
- I hate packing for a camping trip ...
- August 22nd will be my 10th wedding anniversary. Holy crap. How did THAT happen? :)
For some reason my camera does not want me to download recent pictures. Sigh. Pictures to come!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
And this weekend ...
Sunday, July 27, 2008
What is this?
Friday, July 25, 2008
It's Friday - my last day of summer vacation. It's been very rainy and wet this week. We did manage to get to the zoo (I'll get some pictures up of that on my next post) and watched a lot of movies! Yesterday was another gray day so I took the kids to the Children's Museum (Musee des Enfants de Laval). They had such a blast! It's all set up as different jobs. The kids get to dress up at each station (Francis loves that, Naomi could care less) and role-play.
Francis' favorite was the police station - where kids are cops and parents get put in jail. They also had a real police car that kids could climb into with flashing lights.
There was a shopping centre where kids got to shop and to try their hand at being the cashier.
Here's my astronaut ready to blast off ..
How much fun is a fireman pole?
a hard day in construction ...
Naomi's favorite was the barn and horse. You can collect eggs from chickens, milk a cow and ride a horse!
This is the veterinarian's office ... Dr. Naomi ...
and Dr. Francis ...