Monday, August 27, 2007

update


I have been a very slow Blogger these days. It is just hard to find time to spend on the computer!

Things are going well, Naomi is really bonding with us and adjusting to her new life. She is usually very smiley and happy. She gets really excited when she sees Francis, the cat or her purple ball. She eats really well and if I didn't stop her she would keep eating all day. She is taking -4 bottle of formula which I am really happy about. If your baby won't take it in China, just keep trying. Naomi loves to go to the park and play on the swings. She can be in a swing for an hour before she is ready to get out.

Sleep seems to be the only issue. I have tried shortening her naps but it is not helping. If we give her a bottle at bedtime, she sleeps until about 2 am and then she is wide awake and it is really hard to get her back to sleep. If I don't give her a bottle, she will wake up about 2-4 times before she falls into a sound sleep and sleep until about 5:30 or 6. Sigh. The sleep deprivation is killing me. So is the middle of the night rocking/ jiggling / singing. A 20 lb baby is heavy - I wish I had ordered a rocking chair.

Click here for a cute slide show series where I was trying to get a cute shot of Naomi. I can't seem to figure out how to uploade the group of pictures here. sigh.

15 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

What a cutie she is! I hope you all get the sleep thing figured out soon :)

C.J. said...

I LOVE the pictures. Sleep, who needs it? I do hope you find your groove soon. Thinking of ya.

LaLa said...

What a sweet group of pics : )

I hope the sleep thing works out..that was the hardest part for us

Mark & Michelle said...

Love the hat with the flower on it!

Good thing she is cute - it balances out the sleep deprivation!

Doris & Dan said...

What a sweetie! I love her smile.

Keep smilin!

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

Great slide show..I love those pics.
Does Tempra make her sleepy...give it a try?

t-bird said...

Her smile melts my heart! Glad things are going well, hope you get the sleep thing mastered soon.

Catherine said...

What a cutie Naomi is! Love the pic with the ball on the swing! Adorable!

Glad to hear she's settling well. Hopefully a good sleep schedule is soon to follow.

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, in one of the adoption books I read they said two things that really helped us. 1.'The more the kiddie sleeps, the more they will want to sleep'. Full naps actually helped our kiddie sleep better at night. 2. 'Burn them out during the day with fresh air and exercise'. My back felt like it was going to break from holding her hands to get her to walk, but at least I got some sleep. Good luck.

She sure looks like a happy little camper. What a sweetheart.

Dawn

geminirn said...

What an precious little doll...she is adorable...love that smile with those precious little teeth showing through.

Congratulations again!

Saint John,NB

Janet said...

I love the grin with the little teeth showing! And...I wish you ....sleeeeeeep.

kris said...

Man she is so cute. Hang in there on the sleep thing, it DOES get better!

cougchick said...

she is so cute! Sending sleepy vibes your way...

Two Kayaks said...

A month? A MONTH?? Wow! She is uber cute and I believe you when you say that she has added so much to yur lives. Give her a snuggle from her Auntie K1 will ya?

kennedy's mom said...

Totally hearing you on the sleep deprivation. ugh. It's so hard to function on little sleep. Hang in there. Hopefully the sleep routine will improve!