Wednesday, July 18, 2007

7 days to go

Were down to a week! Next Wednesday we will be on the plane!


Today is my Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad (aka: Grampa Paul). My dad has the first of several birthdays in the month of July - you will see a lot of happy bday shout outs in the coming days. My dad has been a great support during this adoption and he is very excited to meet his granddaughter!

In other news ... last night I was trying to sleep but I kept hearing weird noises in the backyard. Dying of curiosity I went down to investigate and when I saw what it was I ran to get my camera cuz I was thinking wow, great blog material! :o)

I've decided to call him Ricky ...

11 comments:

amy said...

Thats quite a close up!!!

Two Kayaks said...

Wow!!! So cool!
We will be away when you leave for China, so I wanted to let you know that we will be thinking about you and watching your blog closely to see Naomi in your arms at long last! :)
Safe trip!

Janet said...

Ricky is cute. But don't leave any garbage out.....:-)

Doris & Dan said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day!

That is a close encounter of the furry kind for sure! Did you keep him? LOL

Keep smilin!

Tracy said...

CUTE raccoon! My husband loves raccoons.

Very exciting that you leave so soon!

Tracy
LID 11/22/05

Emmie said...

Wow...looks like you got up pretty close to take that shot. He's actually kinda cute! =)
One week! omg...girl r u ready!?

kris said...

ONE WEEK. ONE WEEK. Holy racoon.

And happy bday to your dad.

Dannye said...

we have a ricky jr. living in our neighborhood...i've never seen him, but yet his evidence from the garbage cans in our neighborhood...the good news is that he is not messy, he puts his garbage on the garbage can lids and eats off of those...so not much mess to clean up if you forgot to bungy-cord tie your lid on your can....

happy belated b-day to your dad too!! hope it was a great day all the way around!!!

Catherine said...

What a cutie...when he's on the other side of a window!

Happy B'day to your daddy!

7 more sleeps? Wahoo!!!

nikki said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa Paul!
(His present will be a little late, but coming all the way from China I'm sure he'll understand)

Hello Ricky!

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!

Great photo's of Ricky...he didn't seem to mind you taking a pic of him!