Monday, June 11, 2007

Friday

We are still waiting for Naomi's files and pictures. We have been told "not before Friday" as the translator is busy. Sigh. So we continue to wait. I would do ANYTHING to make it go faster - the last bit of waiting is always the hardest.

Today was the day I told my boss that he has me for another 4 weeks and then I am off for 9 + months. He took it pretty well but I think I'm going to e very busy until we leave for China.

Lisa did a "Going Back to Referral Day" post that I thought was brilliant so I'm going to try and recapture the evening too ...

So lets see ... I waited all evening on Tuesday and did not leave the phone for one second. On Wednesday afternoon I called my agency to see if referrals had arrived - the lady on the phone said no ...in the way people do when they don't want to answer - then she said she could not tell me and that I was not supposed to call - that I would just have to be patient and wait for my resource person to call. How'd'ya like them cookies?? So I figured that there would be no call on Wednesday - but I really hoped there would.

In the meantime - the hubs had to work some magic to get on an earlier flight home from NC. He got home at 8 and I was watching "Canada's Next Top Model" so he came to relax with me. At every commercial I begged the phone to ring. As it inched closer and closer to 9 pm I started to lose hope. After the show, I headed to the basement to check emails and die of jealousy while looking at all the "calls" that were coming in. Just as I plunked my butt into the chair the phone rang. I was expecting Elisa to call so that we could commiserate but when I heard Karen's voice I started to FREAK OUT!

I ran up the stairs like a mad woman trying to find my husband - I am yelling STEPHAN! at the top of my lungs and apologising to Karen telling her I can't seem to find him! I run up to the bedroom, out to the garage, and finally fling the front door open to see him coming up the steps with his suitcases that he had just retrieved from the car and I yell at him to "GET IN HERE" it's "THE CALL"! So we put the phone on speaker (finally) and Karen tells me we have a 7 month old daughter and I start freaking out again. I manage to write down all the information and thank Karen. She tells me that there is a missing file for someone in our group so we cannot blog or email for 24 hours - UGG!!!

Just as I hang up, Elisa and Jarrod call to say that they just got the call too but for a 5 month old! We are all freaking out because we were both hoping for older children so that there wouldn't be such and age gap with our boys - we were both happy but stunned.

So we call our families and friends (a bit late into the evening) and finally I call Doris with the news and tell her to call Elisa so that we can do a 3-way conference call. She was freaking out as much as we were!
What an evening that was!!!

20 comments:

Dannye said...

It just gives me goose bumps to read about the call...I just envision how it will be when we get the call....I'm just hoping to not hang up on our referral counselor trying to put it on speaker phone....hehehehe

Come on Friday!!!

Christie said...

OMG! You poor thing - what the heck is the problem with these stinkin pictures?!?! Don't they realize they are torturing you? (and the bloggy peeps?)

Shoot! I'll keep checking back - wow 7 months - really young! I can only hope little Keira is that young!

Cheers!!!!

nikki said...

Oooooh! So great!

I will NEVER forget the day I got that call...I have never been such a basket case in all my life!

Dawn and Dale said...

That was sooooo cool to read!!!!!

Thanks for sharing all about that great day!!!!

I can't wait till that day is here for us!!!!

(and I'm sooo jealous of Doris!! lol) ;)

Bless you!!

LaLa said...

Love these stories...brings back such memories of our call. Come on already translator man...

Janet said...

Thanks so much for the re-cap. I could just picture your panic calling Stephan! I love hearing about "how people hear", it's so cool. And I can not WAIT to see pictures. hang in there!

Kathy and Joel said...

Amazing! What an event that must have been, Julie! I am wondering...when we get The Call will technology have advanced far enough to allow 20 way calling so that all my friends and I can celebrate?? LOL

L & J said...

Do they have ANY idea how hard it would be to tell a blogger that they can't blog about their referral for 24 hours????? Geesh. You must have been going CRAZY!!!

I hope they surprise you and get a picture to you before Friday.

Lisa and Doug said...

Fantastic story! I am so glad you shared it! It figures you couldn't find your hubby when the call came in. All the preparation in the world goes out the window at that moment! I am realizing that all "The Call" moments are chaotic! I can't wait to see your adorable baby!

C.J. said...

I love the referral day stories. LOVE them!

Hey, is it Friday yet?

Doris & Dan said...

It was an amazing night! I am so happy to have been a part of it. Special memories!

Keep smilin!

Doris & Dan said...

P.S. Ugh...c'mon Friday!!!

Matt and Kathy said...

Oh wow, I love reading about how the call goes and how everyone gets so excited. You have a great story. Looking forward to seeing her picture!

Colleen said...

Crap - so sorry that you have to wait. Really I am. BUT.....you do have her and that is what matters! :)

I LOVE hearing about the referral call.

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

Yes an amazing night and one I will never forget!

PromiseKeepersDaughter said...

Like the recap idea. Friday couldn't come sooner......

Mark & Michelle said...

What a great recap of the night!

C'mon Friday!!

tracy said...

What an eventful evening that will forever be stuck in your brain! Can not wait to see those photos! Bring on the cuteness!!!!

Mary & Eric said...

OH Julie, can't believe you have to wait till Friday!!! What is wrong with these people?!*&*%$#!!?! This must be torture!!!But I'm sure once you see Naomi's face all will be well with the world.
Can't wait for Friday!

Kim said...

I've added you the blogroll, thanks for joining :)

I can't wait to see pics!