Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Montreal Bloggy Summit

Wow, what an incredible weekend!! I had to absorb it before I could get to blogging about it.
Were invited to Doris and Dan’s for a BBQ on Saturday evening where we met Catherine, Mark and Michelle and Kathy and Joel for the first time. They are all really warm and friendly people and we all seemed to get along smashingly! The food was great, the drinks were fantastic! The pièce de résistance was the chocolate fountain! I am sure there are incriminating pictures of me and a chocolate covered strawberry out there …
The next day we met up to tour Chinatown – we were a bit late in arriving but Francis managed to buy a wooden snake and I bought him a necklace with the character for love or “Ai” in Mandarin – he said that it was for his mei-mei (little sister).
Next it was off to Duns for smoked meat sandwiches. You just can’t come to Montreal and not have smoked meat! Catherine was very brave and also tried the “poutine” (fries with curd cheese and gravy – YUMM-O!).
With full bellies we made our way down to the old port of Montréal. Past all the bridal parties and the street performers, we found the marina and checked it out. We continued walking along the small streets and ended our day of sightseeing at Notre Dame Cathedral – a must see. As we came out of the church it started to rain so off we all ran to find our cars or hit “Le Metro” (the subway). Again we made our way back to Doris and Dan’s for an Asian feast. Martinis and salad and dumplings … oh my! At the end of the evening it was hard to say goodbye – I could have stayed and talked with them for many more hours!!
Thanks you so much for driving down and spending your weekend with all of us. We now have 5 new friends and 3 blogs to add to the favourites list!! I look forward to reading all about your journey’s and hope to visit you all next time I am in Toronto.
And thank to the dynamic duo team of Doris and Dan who made it all happen!

12 comments:

Kathy and Joel said...

It was so nice to meet you and your family, Julie! I am still in awe over how much fun the weekend was and wish that it could have lasted at least a few more days.
I think that we have made some lifelong friends!! Thanks again for all the beautiful gifts and for your thoughtfulness.
P.S. I have the incriminating photo...Muh-Ha-Ha!!!

Catherine said...

Oh Julie! It was so wonderful to meet you, Stephan and Francis! So very, very happy for you...it won't be long now!

I can't get over how wonderful and comfortable the entire weekend was. We'd never met yet it quickly felt like we were old friends and I was sad to see you go Sunday night.

Thank you for the beautiful dress you made for Hannah! I haven't been able to put it in the closet yet as I just keep adoring it as it hangs on the door. Too sweet. Thank you!

If you're ever heading this way and your family needs a place to stay please know that the door is always open to you!

Looking forward to getting together with you again someday and meeting sweet Naomi.

Love ya!

Mark & Michelle said...

Julie - It was WONDERFUL meeting your and your family and having the chance to spend some quality time with you. Of course, it wasn't enough time so you are just going to have to come to Toronto!

As Catherine said, you know that you always have a place to stay here!

I can't believe how quickly the time passed!

Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts!

RoLo said...

Looks like ad sounds like you all had a blast.

wzgirl said...

That meat-plate totally looks like something that my husband would get...and take a picture of! Sounds like quite a blast y'all had. XO

nikki said...

Every time I read a post about your weekend get together I turn another shade of green! So envious!
Looks like it was sooo much fun.

OziMum said...

YAY! The summit looks like it was a HUGE success!!! And every non-Canadian is oozing jealousy!!!

Glad you had a good time... now BRING ON NAOMI!!!

Matt and Kathy said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time!

C.J. said...

I've loved living viariously through this trip.

Awesome photos of great people :0)

Doris & Dan said...

It was amazing and even more so because you were there!

Keep smilin!

Lisa and Doug said...

It is so great seeing all of you Canadian bloggers in one place! Looks like a wonderful time! I am hungry now reading about all that food you all ate!

Wendy said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening.... I noticed your LID date is very close... Ours it November 4 2005... I am sure we will all get our pictures this month