Sunday, May 06, 2007

The good, the bad and the prezzies!

OK so I was MIA again for a week there - my bad. I actually had a stomach flu for most of the week and I was alone to take care of Francis as Stephan was traveling all week! It was a tough week. I also managed to scratch my eye somehow!!


I had a very busy weekend! On Friday night we went to a dinner set up to thank all the hockey coach volunteers. It was fancy schmancy with a 5-course meal, a band and comedian, Joey Elias as the MC. It was a really nice thank you to all the parent volunteers.

On Saturday night I went to the MNO (Mom's night out) dinner for our adoption group. Having people come up to me saying; "you're next" and "you must be so excited!" got me all hyped-up!! It's wonderful to know that our turn is coming!! At the dinner Elisa surprised me with some belated birthday prezzies!! An adorable "Got Congee?" bib (okay I have to explain this one for the non-adoptive readers ... ) You know the slogan, "Got Milk?" well, congee is "milk" for babies in China. It's actually just really overcooked watery rice. Anyhoo ... she also MADE me 2 lovely bracelets - it's a mother/daughter set! All together now ... awwwwww cute!!! she also gave me some lovely Fruits & Passions stuff. I'm going to smell very nice!! Thank you Elisa for your thoughtfulness - you are such an amazing friend!

It is Sunday evening now and we just came back from a baptism. I was very honored to be the Godmother - or Nouna as they say in Greek. My sweet little Godson, Matthias is the son of wonderful friends Chantal and Nestor. We have been planning this for a while and it was so nice to see it all come together. It was a very happy celebration with family, friends, great food and a happy baby. What more could we ask for? When we got home we realized that we didn't get any pictures of me and Stephan together (since Stephan was the photographer). So I reapplied some lipstick and Francis took our picture (that is why we look like giants and it's a bit out of focus - it was taken from a 6 year-old's angle :o)). So here we are looking all glam for a change ....

Have a great week everyone!!

16 comments:

Kathy and Joel said...

You both look beautiful! Sorry about the tummy trouble and your eye. Those are some great gifts. :)
Two weeks!

Lisa and Doug said...

What a great lookin' couple! Glad you are feeling a little better now. Great goodies!

Dolores and Shawn said...

I love that bib. Glad you're doing better.

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

You look amazing, glad the day went well.
By the time I am back on Friday we will be another week closer!

Julie said...

You looked fantastic!

That bib is from my Cafe Press store!

Beckyb said...

Those are awesome gifts - I LOVE the bib too - maybe I'll get one of those for next time!!!!

Steffie B. said...

Glad you are feeling better.....great picture of the two of you! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

You look beautiful in your picture! I hope that flu has moved on, that is no fun. Your gifts are wonderful!

tracy said...

Your are soooo close! Sorry you haven't felt well, but you can't tell at all by that photo...you guys look smashing!

Great goodies as well!

Stacy said...

Glad you are feeling better. There is nothing worse that the flu.

Love the picture. You both look great!

Doris & Dan said...

A busy but fun weekend!

You guys look great! LOVE the dress.

Keep smilin!

L & J said...

You guys are one great looking couple! Cute presents!

cougchick said...

You are so close!

Lookin good in your fancy duds!

wzgirl said...

I sure hope that you are feelin' better. You've got to gather up all your energy...b/c this is your month!! Yay!!

C.J. said...

I love that bib.

That picture of the two of you is great. What a hottie couple!!

Kayce said...

Great picture! I've got to get that bib!