Sunday, April 22, 2007

week in review

Sorry I've been MIA all week, I've just been crazy busy!


We finally got around to painting the kitchen - I am in love with the color. It's by Benjamin Moore the color is called light avocado. It looks so good I could just lick the walls. These pictures don't do it justice, but take my word for it - it's lovely!


We have been having some CRAZY weather - on Monday we got a ton of snow - I had to dig out some snow pants for Francis to wear to school. On Friday is was 19 degrees and he went to school in a t-shirt! We have had some serious wind too. This is what happens when you put up your gazebo a week too early.

Last night we went over to Elisa and Jarrod's house for a traditional Chinese dinner - they made Peking duck among other delicacies. Doris and Dan made dumplings with a chicken filling that were deep fried - soooo yummy!!!I made beef and cabbage dumplings with peanut-butter sauce - It was a real feast I can tell you!!! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so we will have to wait until Doris and Elisa post some pictures of the evening. I must also share that Dan made some kick-ass martinis for us girls - There should be an incriminating photo popping up soon.

14 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Love the color in the kitchen! So pretty!

The description of your dinner last night is making my mouth water!

Doris & Dan said...

It was an AWESOME night!! Must do it again soon.

LOVE the colour. Totally lickable I agree.

Keep smilin!

Stacy said...

Your dinner party sounds like so much fun, good too! I'll have to go and check out Doris' site!

Isn't 19 degrees a little cold to be wearing just a t-shirt?!? :)

(The Canadian temps. always make me do a double take.)

wzgirl said...

I love Benj Moore. I can imagine how tasty those walls are. Great job!!

Mark & Michelle said...

Ouch on the gazebo...I hope it is repairable!!

The evening sounds like fun...I will be looking for the pictures!

Deb and Sean said...

Benjamin is the bomb! The colour sounds scrumtious ... picture never do tell!
Thanks for the gazebo shot ... reminds why, although I am anxious, we NEED to wait!

This Canadian weather has been crazy huh ?
Well off to sunbathe ... 23!!!

C.J. said...

Love the paint!

Hey, your dinners sound like my kinda gig :0)

Lee-Anne said...

We are having whacked-0ut weather too!! We are still having 30C+ degree days, in APRIL! That's just weird. Its definitely normally getting colder by now!!! Not that I'm complaining!!!

Oooo, it's so good when you paint a really nice colour!!! I have one deep burgundy wall in my kitchen, (called "Cab Sav" like the wine!) and I just LOVE it!

Colleen said...

Ohhhh I love love the color. (and the name of the color).

Please don't lick the walls....

Steffie B. said...

The kitchen looks great....can we come to the next dinner party? We love Chinese food! lol

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

Love the kitchen colour, I did put my ass into gear and get the photo's up of the weekend!

PromiseKeepersDaughter said...

I JUST did my kitchen in almost the exact same color!!!! Mine was called "nettle".
Yours Looks G.R.E.A.T!!!

cougchick said...

cracking up at the wall-licking comment. Saw your incriminating pics on Doris's blog. Looks like fun and how neat that you all have each other. The kids look like they had fun too.

Jennifer "Jenny" said...

Pretty colors. I am struggling to paint my living area right now. So far only half of a wall done...