Friday, March 02, 2007

this and that

Well, we've got more snow! 30 cm. I hear that it's going to be +3 tomorrow, so hopefully some of it will melt away! Not too much though because on Wednesday we are going skiing - family ski day on our 16th (no, way! Shuuuuut-uuuup!) LID-aversary!! Yee-haw!


In Rumor news, the latest word is that referrals are thought to be on the way! It's expected that the 16th is included, but the 27th is not. I have no idea what that means for the days between the 16th and the 26th. I guess we'll just have to WAIT and see (note sarcasm)!!

Ok, so I just found these on my digital ... from CNY brunch. One nerdy golden pig and some delish dumplings!
Check out this fantastic photo of Elisa and Thomas from Fortune Cookie Monsters!
I
have also been making an attempt at working on my 100 wishes quilt. At the moment I am working on resizing all the squares to 7"x7" and then I will get to the sewing!! My plan it to do the top myself and then ship the whole kit to my Aunt Josee to finish. She and my mom are both fantastic quilters. My mom will be helping me sew up all of Naomi's bedroom linens. We're making a duvet cover, a bedskirt, curtains, a crib skirt, crib pads and possibly something to go up on the canopy. To check out her amazing handiwork, click here!

13 comments:

tracy said...

Very exciting waiting on referrals!

wzgirl said...

Oh, I can't wait to see how your quilt turns out!! And, those dumplings just gave me a hunger pang! Yum!

Jewels of My Heart said...

I hope it is a huge batch of referrals and you dance a jig... I remember it all too well.... Grab a tub of ice cream a spoon and watch The March Of The Penguins.... I dubbed it the official adoption saga.
God's Speed to your little one
Daleea and Hannah MeiLin

Journey to Mia said...

away with the snow and on with spring!!!!

Lee-Anne said...

I've got everything crossed for the 26th Oct (yes, I know, stupid hoping for the latest possible date...)

Wishing and Hoping...
Lee-Anne

Lisa and Doug said...

Wow - look at all that snow!

I have my fingers crossed for at least the 26th too. I just hit 16 months today!

Stacy said...

Your mom is an amazing seamstress. Those clothes are FANTASTIC! As I was going through them I kept picking a new favorite! BEAUTIFUL!

16 Months. Wow! Have a great time skiing!

C.J. said...

Zoinks on the snow! I'm ready to be finished with that business.

Your quilt is looking lovely. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Referrals? Are referrals pending? Yeah, right. I hope we get a big fat PLEASANT surprise this time. But, any way about it, we'll all be a bit closer.

Steffie B. said...

Great job on the quilt! Hope you have a good time on your skiing trip!

Colleen said...

I think I could handle this wait a "little" better if it were 90 degrees out. (kidding!!) Nothing would help. This is just plain sucko.

PromiseKeepersDaughter said...

Good luck with your quilt.

Hoping for good news for you this Month.

Mark & Michelle said...

Holy - 16 months...

Looking forward to seeing the progress of the quilt!

A Special Family said...

Oh how I miss that snow!
What beautiful pictures, those dumplings look like the ultimate YUM!
Very exciting time coming up!