Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What I've been up to ...

Welcome to the basement playroom! It's a huge room with lovely (ick) red carpet, wood paneling, fake brick ... you get the picture. Well, on a low budget I decided to spice it up by giving it a fresh paint job. All the wood paneling got updated to a nice turquoise green and all the plaster got a fresh coat of white. These doors you see were made of brown paneling and were way UGLY! I thought I'd add a bit of pizazz with zebra stripes. The table and chairs were hand painted by my mom about 4 years ago - now they finally have a room to match!

12 comments:

PromiseKeepersDaughter said...

I love the zebra stripes! Wanna do my bacement?

Connie said...

How WILD (aren't I the punster???)

That's gonna be one fun room :0)

Doris & Dan Clark said...

That is awesome! I love it.

Keep smilin!

Matt and Kathy said...

I love it!!! You did a great job and it looks fantastic!

tracy said...

Fun and funky....love it!

Beckyb said...

How clever is that - it will be a great playroom!!!

Jill and Jaap said...

What a fun room!

Melissa said...

how cute!

Lee-Anne said...

WOW! Your playroom looks amazing!

Mark & Michelle said...

That's great!!

Enjoy!

Lisa and Doug said...

That is the coolest room! Great job!

Lisa & Oliver said...

Very funky! Your little "monkeys" will have a space to run wild! ;)