Sunday, January 14, 2007

Breaking up is hard to do

Dear Gym,
I'm sorry that things have not worked out between us in the past. Perhaps I was naive when I took you home - I really thought you would help me to be a better, stronger person. I thought we were going to spend so much time together - and we did, at the beginning but then we just started to find excuses not to be together. You used to make me so hot and steamy but now I can barely look at you. I guess we just have to face the fact that sometimes these types of relationships just don't work out. I guess what I am trying to say is that it's over.
It's not you, it's me - really.
Sincerely,
Julie

12 comments:

Deb and Sean said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in ages!!!!
I'm working on rekindling my relationship .........
we'll see!

Deb

Connie said...

Ha! Thanks for a good laugh. Oh, how true it is ;0)

Lisa and Tate said...

What a great post!!! I needed a good laugh.... so many thanks!!! Gym will always be waiting for you....

Lisa

Doris & Dan Clark said...

You are too funny! I think your elliptical trainer is weeping quietly over the breakup.

Keep smilin!

Colleen said...

Yep...thats funnu stuff! Thats a nice piece of machinery you have there...would really complete my gym.

Melissa said...

sooo funny!!!
we just moved all our gym equipment to our office! We haven't broken up yet - just a trail separation....

JEDnet said...

Hey Julie,
It's funny but I think I know that Gym. We had the same kind of relationship a while ago. Maybe it was Gym's sister...

J-P

Beckyb said...

That is what I should send to my treadmill - I was just looking at it yesterday thinking how lonely it must be!!!!

carrie said...

Hi Julie
Your fellow Nov 7 LIDer here! That made me truly laugh. I may do exactly the same thing as my cross trainer sits unused upstairs..
I need to rekindle the love!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Julie,

This so funny. I needed a good laugh
I can so relate to this. I just love
your blog.

Sindy
11/18/05
www.ost.redthreadkids.org

Dannye said...

That is a great excuse, and oh so sad, hehehe

Thanks for helping me come up with the excuse why my stationary bike and I don't have the close bonding any longer (although we really need to rekindle our relationship, hmmmm I wonder if my hubby will get jealous).

tracy said...

I needed a good laugh and you did that for me today!!!

Sorry for your loss, I'm sure it will only hurt for a short while.