Monday, November 20, 2006

More waiting

Thank you to everyone who left encouraging messages. You have no idea how helpful a few kind words can be. My guess was March/April for a referral and May(ish) for travel. I was starting to wonder if I was completly fooling myself. It seems from the responses I was about on target with other's thinking. Something about hitting the 12 month mark makes the wait seem much longer and more difficult. I guess with the holiday season drawing nearer I remember saying things like; next Christmas she'll be here or for Francis' next birthday she'll be here or for my birthday she'll be here , etc. I'm also hearing alot of; "isn't that kid here yet?" or "why is it taking so long?" and I am just so fed up of hearing myself say "nope, not yet".

In brighter news, my son lost his first tooth. He was so proud of himself! We had fun explaining all about the tooth fairy and today after school I brought him to the dollar store so he could spend his $2. Ahhh ... the joys of being a kid!

p.s. I'm trying to upload the toothless grin but Blogger Beta is having nothing of it. Blah!

8 comments:

Doris & Dan Clark said...

It is long and the same questions are asked of us too...sigh!

Cool stuff about the tooth loss. They grow so fast!

Keep smilin!

Dawn and Dale said...

You're getting closer and closer!!

This tooth fairy forgot to come the last 2 nights for Colton!! (After the first 4 are gone it's hard to keep up!!) Thanks for the reminder!!! ;)

Lee-Anne said...

I'm actually glad that Christmas is nearly here! I know that the next couple of months, are going to fly by, because the holiday season is so busy! The quicker the months fly, the better!
We're LID 22 Feb 2006. I figure, hitting the 12 month mark, sure is better than hitting 6 months!!!
Dawn and Dale are right... you ARE closer!!!
Congrats Francis, on the first tooth loss!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1st tooth Francis!

Hang in there Julie, before you know it, you will have 2 kids losing teeth!

Amy ;-)

Debbie & Kirk said...

NEWS FLASH on RQ!! Possiblity of all of September. That means there may be a major speedup and you may get your referral quicker than you think!

Deb
Hoping for referral SOON!

RoLo said...

Whoo hoo for Francis, glad that the tooth fairy treated him so well:)

I hear ya sista we too are being asked the same questions and feeling the same about our wait.

tracy said...

Here's to hoping for a speed up in referrals! Your getting closer!

Congrats on the little man losing his tooth. Our tooth fairy is very forgetful. We find that setting the alarm on the blackberry and givig a big shout out to that darn tooth fairy helps. Also, I'm pretty sure that our tooth fairy only visits when the boys bedroom is clean. We have such a picky tooth fairy.

Lisa & Jeff said...

I'm still holding out for a speed up. Boy, if they could refer the whole month of September....It's just soooooo exciting to think about!