Saturday, October 07, 2006

11 months down!

Well I can hardly believe that it has been 11 months since our file has been logged in (LID) at the CCAA in China. That of course doen't include the 5 months of prep work beforehand as we prepared our file and went to court. And it doen't include the 7 months we spent signed up for Belaus before it closed to international adoptions and it also doen't include the 6 months we spent signed up for Lithuania. It has been a VERY long process but I am begining to see a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel. I am hoping that we have less than 6 more months to go but only time will tell. Oh, the picture is of the homemade mooncakes I made to have with the traditional ones last night ... it's hard to find a picture of an eleven!

7 comments:

Connie said...

Congrats on being that much closer! I hope you will have LESS than 6 months. A girl can dream :0)

Wow, those mooncakes look yum!

I am unable to see the other pics but it might be an issue on mom & dad's computer for all I know ;0)

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

happy 11 months down girl...getting closer!!!!

Lisa and Doug said...

Congratulations on your 11 month LID anniversary! Maybe we will be in China at the same time! That would be so neat! :0

Lisa & Jeff said...

WOW!!! 11 months down!!!! I am feeling like things might just pick up this month.

Jennifer "Jenny" said...

Happy LID to you! Gosh I hope we get to go soon!!!!

Doris & Dan Clark said...

Happy 11 Month LID-iversary!

Closer and closer everyday!

Keep smilin!

Melissa said...

happy 11 months!!!
My, it's been a long journey for you - but you're getting close now!