Friday, September 01, 2006

What a day!

Well, they say that luck comes in threes and it was certainly true for today. First, I got a call from Elisa this morning saying "Have you heard the news???!!!" The news as most of you know by now is that the CCAA has FINALLY finished the review of the November LID files. This means that we have passed and they cannot refuse us. Our file has been approved and is now sitting on a huge shelf in a stack waiting to be matched to Naomi. Elisa, can you tell your file to go hold my file's hand?? :o) Anyways, it's another huge milestone achieved.

Second, it was Francis' first day at school today. He got up so excited this morning. He was so nervous that he couldn't even eat his breakfast. Stephan and I walked him to school this morning and when it was time to go in he gave us each a quick wave and went into the school without looking back. My brave little guy. We just picked him up and he didn't have much to say other than I did not pack enough food and that he would rather have chocolate milk instead of a juice box. Ahhhh ...I knew that was coming! He has 2 teachers, Mrs. Oliver in the morning who does the English half and then Mme. Killingbeck in the afternoon for French. I'm trying to upload pictures but of course it is not working right now. Darn Blogger!!!

Third, we went to the bank today to see about being approved for an adoption loan. I think that it is a real myth that everyone who adopts has a stash of cash to pay for all the adoption related costs. The truth is that most people I know are average Joe's who finance their adoption with loans, credit lines, second mortgages, etc. Anyways, I just got the call saying that our loan is approved!!! One less thing to worry about for now!!!

6 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! x3!!!

Sooo happy for you!! I can't wait for the day when our file makes it to the review room let alone the matching room! At this snails pace!!

Oh and I hear ya on the loans! Glad you were approved!!

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

I just have this feeling that our files are right next to each other in the pile.

Great news on the loan. It's good to know the moneys there when we need it.

Connie said...

What a great day for you! I hope the good news just keeps on coming :0)

tracy said...

Your just a bundle of good news today! Congrats on all 3!

Lisa & Oliver said...

Sounds like a good day! Always great to get good news!

Is Mme Killngbeck, the younger one or the older version?!? Hope Francis is off to a good start!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy,happy, happy! I'm SO happy for you guys!!!

Glad to hear everything's coming together and progressing!

Also glad to hear Francis had a fab first day at school.

Love,
Coe
xo