Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mid-week updates

Francis update:
I took Francis back to the hospital yesterday afternoon to have his cast removed. It only took about 4 hours in the waiting room – and we had an appointment!!!!! It turned out his elbow IS broken and they put a full plaster cast on. Francis is not happy that it has to stay on for 3 weeks, but he is happy that his friends can sign this one! When they took the first cast off he was freaking out saying his arm felt all “weird”. The nurse told me that grown men pass out from this “weird” feeling of having a cast removed! Strange eh?

Adoption update:
Well, as hard as I try to stay positive the negative news always manages to trickle down through the grapevine. The latest is that they (the CCAA) will not even finish July in September and then there’s talk of the wait creeping to 18 months +. I don’t know if I can live in limbo for another 8+ months!!! When we signed up we told friends and family we would be going to China in the early summer (06), then it was early fall, then fall, then winter and now do I dare say spring or shall I just say summer 07 now? Uggg … summer 07! I don’t even want to think about it.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

It is hard to sit and wait, but we can do it!

Sorry to read about Francis' elbow. I hope it is better soon.

Grown men faint without the cast?

Dawn and Dale said...

Uggg.....

Well at least you'll be there before me!

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

I know I worked out that we could be travelling June 2007, thats if Aug, Sept and Oct take two months each to get through. I'm not sure I can face another eight months wait!
Pls someone give me some positive news!!!!

Connie said...

I've seen grown men faint over about anything medical...and it doesn't have to involve them ;0)

As far as the wait business: LALALALALA...not listening...denial....cannot hear that right now....not happening.....go away....stop it.....I really can't wrap my head around you going to China in summer 2007...nooooo......noooooo.....nooooo

RoLo said...

3 Cheers for Brave Francis!!!! I hope that his are/elbow heals soon.

This wait is hard, I have ups and downs regulary. From 6 months, to 9 months, to 12 months and now possible more.

Its your support and everyone else that leaves messages that help me get through.

PromiseKeepersDaughter said...

Hun I hear ya I just love having to explain myself AGAIN when someone says "So do ya have a date yet"? Man I shouldn't have told anyone til like 4 months before we go then the wait wouldn't be so hard on THEM! Sheesh!
I'm gonna guess early spring your going!
*HUGABUGS*

Gen said...

poor Francis - he is such a brave little guy!

The wait - uggghhhhhhhhhhh