Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back to school ... for ME!

I just got news that a class I signed up for is a go. I tried to take it last semester but it was can cancelled. So, now every Tuesday night beginning next week I will be at the local college taking the Insights to China course!

Here is the description:
This course provides a window into China and the culture that defines modern China. Chinese social structure, festivals, special events and famous sights will be featured and current economic development discussed. What you will learn:- Chinese traditions- famous philosophers and interesting cities- the scope and magnitude of China's economic development- a few words of greeting in Chinese.

Doesn’t this sound fun, not to mention that some of my favourite bloggy friends will be there such as Doris and Lisa! I already bought myself a cute little notebook and some funky gel pens …It has been a very long time since I took a class!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
You are going to have a blast. My absolute favorite course at university was an elective called "Peoples and Cultures of South East Asia". I remember more from that course than any other I have ever taken.

Enjoy, Kathy Hawkins

Connie said...

Sounds like a great class. Even better that you get to take it with bloggy pals. Make sure to get a new, cool highlighter ;0)

Dawn and Dale said...

Ok...that's it!!!

I'm soooo moving there!!!

Doris & Dan Clark said...

You are too cute!

It is going to fun. All these gals and Dan.

Keep smilin!

Lisa & Jeff said...

Funky gel pens......I want to take the class too!!! =)

Lisa and Doug said...

That sounds like a great class!

Stacy said...

That sounds like a great class. Will you pass on the neat things you learn?

Gel pens are the best! Have Fun!

tracy said...

Oh!!! I want to join! Gosh, that sounds fun, especially with some blogsters!

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

I wish I had more time so I could come and do the class too.
It's sounds like it will be a real blast!

Made in China said...

Dawn, I'd love it if you moved here! I could teach you French, our boys could be friends, our daughters could be friends ... :o)

J.

p.s. Ok, maybe every Wednesday I could do an Insifhts to China summary post!

p.s.s. Oh yeah, a pink hightlighter ...!

Lisa & Oliver said...

Yay!! I am really looking forward to it too!

I didn't think to buy any new gel pens, or notebooks though ... maybe we can sit together and you can lend me one. :)