Monday, August 14, 2006

The good and the bad ...

Ok I am WAY behind as usual.

Lets see … ok Thursday night with the girls was a blast as usual. You can see the incriminating pictures on Doris’s blog. We always come up with some interesting topics indeed! We decided to do a 3 month secret swap between the 3 of us which will be a lot of fun because I am getting to know these ladies likes and dislikes.

Friday was work as usual – nothing much exciting.

On Saturday I spent some one on one time with my kiddo. We went to the dollar store, he got a haircut, we went out for a pizza lunch, we visited the animals at the pet store and got him some new clothes for school. On Saturday night I went to a bachelorette party for my friend Mary who is getting married next Saturday! I have to say that this was one of the more tame bachelorette parties I have been too but fun just the same. Francis is going to be the ring bearer at their (Big Greek) wedding and he is very excited to get to wear a tux and go for a drive in the limo. Lots of action for a 5 year old!

Sunday was quiet – cleaning the house, shopping, etc and dinner at the in-laws. I seem to have either allergies or a cold so I’ve been pretty stuffed-up and miserable. Last night hubby suggests that I try some Sudafed (sp?) before bed. Bad idea. This stuff gives me a weird reaction. It made my body tired and my mind wide awake. My mind was racing all night and I don’t think I got more then 2 hours of sleep. Uggh.

To make matters worse, I weighed myself this morning. Another bad idea. It appears that I have managed to gain 9 pounds in the past 4 + weeks. I have been walking a lot but my eating is out of control. The whole thing just depresses me. This morning I vowed to renew my commitment to healthy eating and exercise. I started with a very healthy breakfast and then parked in the far parking lot at work and took the stairs up to my office. So far so good but it is only 11am on Monday morning. I need to fit into a cute black cocktail dress for the wedding on Saturday and though logically I know that losing 9 pounds in 6 days is highly improbable, I sure would like some of it to be gone!

5 comments:

Doris & Dan Clark said...

You look awesome! Good for you for being healthy! You are A1 in and outside!

Keep smilin!

Lisa & Jeff said...

9 pounds in 6 days........Can you say Atkins Diet? It will work but you will probably gain 6 back by Sunday morning. =(

RoLo said...

Im in the same place as you. I am so upset and today was my first day to get back on track. I know what to do I just have to stick to my good eating habits. I will keep you motivated and will need your help too:)

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

No way..9lbs in 6 days...did you check your scales. I don't believe it.
Personally I think you look great.

Wicked Witch said...

Avoid all scales. It is easier that way.