Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stork Alert?

Well it’s almost official – rumors are that referrals have been mailed out and include up to July 13. Congratulations to those people who are awaiting their referrals. For the rest of us we stew and think about the meaning of having only another half month of referrals. I suppose it could be due to the move in China. Do I dare let myself believe that they will go to full months next month? Or do I just resign myself to believing that 18 months is an accurate forecast?

Is it just me or is it getting harder to be positive these days? Last night at MNO (mom’s night out) there was talk that it is official that if you are referred a child from Guangdong province that you are going to be there for 3 weeks. Okay, so that means saving an extra week of vacation - just in case – which means no summer vacation for those of us who work for a company whose fiscal year ends June 30?

7 comments:

Lisa & Oliver said...

I was sorry to miss you all at MNO last night! Just got back from camping and just couldn't get there.
Try to stay positive. It is hard to not look too far ahead, but things seem to change all the time, so staying distracted can be the only way to cope! Glad to see you haven't quoted the RQ in awhile!! :)

Made in China said...

Thanks Lisa, but is really hard not to forecast. People are constantly asking "how much longer?" Plus it is all I think about every day all day.

J.

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

Please let it be whole months from August onwards..referral in December travel in Feb...?
mmmm who knows.

Lisa & Oliver said...

Yes, I remember the constant questions, including "how much longer?". I finally had to tell my colleagues at work to stop asking, as it was stressing me out, and that I would tell THEM when we had news. I empathize....

Lisa & Jeff said...

I just can't help to wonder about the pattern...7, 9, 11, 13, 15 day thing. I'm wondering if they are working up to whole months by adding 2 each time?? When I do the math I come up with a May, 2007 referral for a 3/8 LID. It DOES look & sound better that the "bright" outlooks prediction!

Lisa & Jeff said...

With a November 7 LID I come up with a referral in January. But keep in mind, I'm no RQ!!! =)

Made in China said...

You know, from here a January referral doesn't look half bad considering that I can keep myself pretty busy up until Christmas. January in Canada is a harsh month - a Jan referral would be perfect timing.