Friday, July 14, 2006

No longer in my happy place

Somehow I knew it was too good to be true. The latest from RQ is that there is talk of the wait extending to 2 years! I really hope that one is just a rumor because I really can’t handle a 2 year wait! My agency just sent out an email confirming that the CCAA will be closed for 2-3 weeks for moving. Haven’t we heard this before … didn’t they move not long ago? Also, the latest is that referrals are going only to July 13 but will only be sent out AFTER the move. This means that the current wait time of 12-13 months will be extended to 13-14 months.

The cherry on top of the Sunday is that our agency just notified us that there will be a new procedure for those adopting from Giangdong (Guangdong?) province:
>Beginning August 1st, Guangdong Province has instituted a new requirement that families who are adopting from Guangdong Province must receive their child's adoption certificate before applying for their passport. This means that families who are adopting from Guangdong Province will need to be in Guangzhou for 5 business days to receive their child's adoption certificate and another 5 business days to receive their child's passport. This new regulation will lengthen the adoption portion of their trip to China from 11-12 nights to 16-17 nights and of course increase adoption expenses accordingly.<

7 comments:

Lisa & Oliver said...

You really gotta stop reading the RQ!!! It's a hard habit to break when you are DYING for news, but reading just one false/negative rumour can ruin your whole week .... my advice is to throw caution to the wind, and let fate take it's course... or risk becoming a rumour basket case!! Hang in there! :)

Dawn and Dale said...

Yucky news!!! Hope it's not true!

Jennifer "Jenny" said...

I know just how you feel! These ups and downs are killing me. Hey at least your agency is telling you something though, mine has been MUM.....Hang in there!

Melissa said...

DO NOT READ THE RQ!!!!!!! I have NEVER gone on there and NEVER will! Why do that to yourself???
And also, I got an email from my agency last night telling me that the CCAA will not be closed at all. They have planned this move out well - will only be moving department by department at a time, and that this move will not effect the timing of referrals at all. So who knows what to believe?
I just know that I only listen to what my agency tells me, and I stay clear away from any rumors. They literally can make me sick to my stomach...

Gen said...

I'm with Melissa - don't go to the RQ anymore! I have only been there once and will never go back.

I just listen to my agency and would rather know nothing than make myself crazy with rumors.

Stacy said...

I think it is time for some good news. How can there only be such sad news all of the time. I can't remember hearing one good/positive comment, but there has to be at least one out there some where. I'm going to find it! (I hope)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the RQ serves a purpose, and like all things should be taken in moderation. When your agency can't (or won't) give out info, you do what you gotta do, consider the sources, and go from there...BTW, we're LID 20 July, so know pretty much where you're coming from. Hang in there!