Friday, June 16, 2006

Happy Birthday


Bonne fête Chantal!

Pour ta fête je vais faire un effort de t’écrire en français. J’espère que tu passe une belle journée à Québec. C’est pas mal romantique de passer ta fête la avec ton amoureux ! J’espère que tu aurais beaucoup de plaisir aujourd’hui (hi hi) et pour toute l’année. L’été prochain on va avoir beaucoup de fun ensemble avec les deux bébés à côté de ta piscine !

Ok, well I’m not going to tell you what I wrote, but let me tell you that it is my friend Chantal’s birthday. She is one of my closest friends and she has really been there to support me through this adoption roller-coaster. A few months ago I found out that she and her hubby are expecting their first child at the end of this year. I am so excited that we will be on maternity leave at the same time. It’s fun because we are both “expecting” at the same time. We get to talk about nurseries and cribs and baby clothes and stuff without boring everyone else to tears. The only real difference right now is that she has a growing belly bump and I get to drink through the whole process!! :o)

2 comments:

Doris & Dan Clark said...

Bonne Fête Chantal! J'espère que tu auras une bonne fête à Québec!
Bonne chance avec ta grossesse!

Keep smilin!

Stacy said...

Your post made me think of a conversation with my sister-in-law. We were talking about diaper bags and how Ryan doesn't want to carry a girly bag. My sister-in-law said, "Don't worry, they'll give you a plain black one at the hospital." We Laughed.

Even though the wait stinks, there is a good side to this. :)