Monday, May 29, 2006

ZEN weekend



This weekend I visited the lovely Spa Ofuro in the Laurentian Mountains (north of Montreal) with my mother and my aunt. This place is so
relaxing! This spa has a Japanese style and is beautiful year-round surrounded by pagodas and Buddhas. The design is for thermotherapy. This is where you spend time in a sauna, steam bath or whirlpool until your body is very warm and then you plunge into the river or cold bath. After the cold bath you relax for 20
minutes in a deck chair or hammock. You do this 3 times and then you have a massage. What an incredible day. Since none of us dared to bring a camera into this bathingsuit only area, I used some pictures from their website.

5 comments:

Zebigleb said...

nice blog really !!!

Doris Clark said...

Too nice! Sounds decadent and so relaxing! Glad you enjyed yourself. I gotta make my way there one day!

Keep smilin!

Lisa & Jeff said...

That place looks wonderful!I think all of us expecting from China should treat ourselves to some relaxation like that! =)

Dawn and Dale said...

I agree!!

I need a spa day!! lol

Hope you had a nice visit with Doris as well!!

Gen said...

heaven!!!!