Monday, May 01, 2006

Recapping the weekend


On Friday after work I met up with friends Amy and Chantal for a girl’s night out - dinner and a movie. We went to the Buddha for dinner – yummy Thai food!

Saturday morning we were up at the crack of dawn to get to IKEA at opening. We bought a beautiful wooden patio set that we had been wanting for awhile. We spent most of the rest of the day out in the backyard assembling the new patio set. My husband said that what the world needs now is a company whose job is to come and assemble your IKEA stuff!

On Saturday evening I met up with my friend and fellow adopter, Doris. We met at Chapters (ours has a Starbucks in it) and chit-chatted for hours. When it closed at 10pm we moved on to the bar for drinks – we just couldn’t stop talking!!

On Sunday we went to a charity bowling event put on by the CIBC – my SIL works there. It was a really fun time and we all helped to raise money for the Big Sister and Big Brother foundation. Here is a picture of me teaching Francis to bowl.



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I have a BIL living in Brossard. We have visited Montreal dozens of times (most recently this past November) and just love it!

Dawn and Dale said...

HI!!!! Thanks for giving me the link to your new blog!! I was wondering at first who "Made in China" was!!

Blogger world is fun!

Dawn

Doris Clark said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend (nudge nudge!)

Your new site it super! Really great!

Keep smilin!

Lisa and Tate said...

Hi-
Thanks for visiting my blog too!!! This waiting thing is really emotional so I do bake and EAT!!!! It was me who had the disappointment cookies... I think that this will be a theme on my blog as referrals some out!!!! I do have one baking planned when the referrals get many and we have TONS to be delighted about!!!! What can I say, I am hopeful!!! Hang in there and I will add you to me list of blogs...

Lisa

Gracencameronsmomy said...

I have been eyeing that patio set...Is there an option for them to put it together?? We took our 4 year old bowling a couple of months ago with a bunch of friends and it was hilarious!
Lisa