Wednesday, May 31, 2006


Over the weekend my aunt Josee surprised me with all these envelopes of squares and wishes for Naomi’s quilt. It turns out that she asked some of her friends if they would be willing to make a square and a wish for Naomi’s quilt. I am so touched that all these people took the time to make these for us ~ Thank you!! My aunt also told me that I have a couple of avid blog readers out there who are enjoying following our journey ~ welcome! It’s nice to know that I’m not just writing to myself!

Oh, before I forget she told me that some people are a little confused with the acronyms that the adoption community uses. Here goes:
DTC: Dossier to China
LID: Log In Date (when China formally logs in your file – at this point you are considered paper-pregnant and the wait begins from here because for some unknown reason the 4 months of prep work doesn’t count!)
FUF: our adoption agency, Formons une Famille

2 comments:

Lorraine - Saskatoon said...

what a wonderful surprise. It is so amazing how people all around us are embracing our adoption and joining us on our journey

Melissa said...

How lucky are you! I have only gotten ONE square from family. All my squares have come from blogging pals.